data wind pocketsurfer2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougal

Reaction score
before I start I am in no way conected to datawind :)

I have purchased one of these pocket surfers off the internet to be able to access this wonderful forum from wherever Iam .

As I am setting up on my own I wanted to be able to get onto this forum as quick as possible in case of any problems.

the unit is 16cm x 8cm x 1.5cm so can fit into my coat pocket

when you switch the unit on it takes about 2 minutes to load up.

pages load up quite quickly but using the keyboard at times can be a little awkward at times.

I have started using my thumbs to type with.

the unit will not play videos or sound it even struggles with the guiness smilie so this will not appeal to a lot of people,

but with having 20 hours of free internet access every month it does what i want (access this forum and check emails mainly).

another couple of down sides are

• browser does not have a back button, so if you go off to se a picture in photo bucket you have to navigate back to the site
  • You cannot print from this device
  • picture quality is sometime a little grainy

for the price of it the amount of access time you get it great. I have seen the small laptops that are in the shops now but you still need to get internet connection from somwere else.

after your first year you have to buy the next years internet access time and that currently costs

I can see there are applications for this sort of thing.

I may be a little worried tho if I employed an electrician to do some work and he had to ask questions via an internet forum ;)

If I lived somewhere with coverage I might have gone for a small laptop with a wireless (mobile) broadband that can be used everywhere.

I can see there are applications for this sort of thing. I may be a little worried tho if I employed an electrician to do some work and he had to ask questions via an internet forum ;)

If I lived somewhere with coverage I might have gone for a small laptop with a wireless (mobile) broadband that can be used everywhere.
I know i would have to be discreet in asking questions. I would have to pop out to the van for another tool

;)

I may be a little worried tho if I employed an electrician to do some work and he had to ask questions via an internet forum ;)
Careful, Buddy!. ;)

PMSL @ Craig... I am nothing to do with XXX Company or YYY Company. :^O

I can see there are applications for this sort of thing. I may be a little worried tho if I employed an electrician to do some work and he had to ask questions via an internet forum ;)

I forget things all the time, I reckon one of these or summat similar would be a good tool to have.

We are such a friendly bunch on here that you are most likely to get the info reqd or "Zee liddle grey cellz" firing on all fours again. :)

if you are thinking of buying have a look on the company website to see there speel. I have already listed my comments on the unit. I have only tonight spent about half an hour at work on it reading the forum posts.

http://pocketsurfer.co.uk/

I am affraid that I do have numerous shares in the company. ]:)

'Ello Nige - long time no see, Mate.
Hi mate, yeah been busy at work & at home.

Havent had much chance to get on here as the missus has us in a regime of love making as often as possible as we are trying for our first child. I hope she falls pregnant soon coz I am cream crackered. :)

Too much info Nigel.

BUT - I wish you and Mrs ABC the best of luck. :x

OH,

just a bit better read of it,

dont seem to be of much use outside the mainland UK,

even charges roaming for Northern Ireland ferchrissake.!!!

seems to be a major NO go to me on the score that I thought it would be good and easy for me to take on my sojourns!!!

but alas NO.!! :( :( :(

I don't plan on using it out of the UK and certainly not in NI. :)

:p