Day in a Bay tomorrow - Nervous!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcfcbrad

Reaction score
Hi,

New to this forum so be gentle!

My tutor sprung it on three of us today that we are to do our 2330 206 practical exam tomorrow, now the nerves are setting in. To be honest the practical elements of it don't phase me, it's more the testing side, which I'm not 100% sure on, so was just looking for some advice there?

Also any advice on what too expect on the day would be good, as we're the first three lads to do it, and we're not too sure what to expect!

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Cheers

Brad

Welcome to the forum, good luck, shouldn't you have asked these question to your tutor a few weeks ago. What you don't know now at 9:00pm the day before you will probably not know tomorrow either. Concentrate on what you have learned and make sure you do those bits 100%. Hopefully the areas you are a bit grey on will not be too many.

Doc H.

Cheers for the quick reply.

To be honest I think once I'm in there, actually doing it, I will be fine. At the minute it's just a bit of the fear of the unknown I think.

It's a 10 out of 10 for thread title from me. Take your time on the testing side, tbh not much you can do between now and then except a quick glance through GN3 etc. Good luck fella

IIRC you are given plenty of time to do whats required of you, so my advice would be dont rush it, read the spec of what you are asked to do carefully and best of luck mate.

Once youve finished Im sure you will be saying to yourself "cant see what teh fuss was about" :)

Where you doing it?

Start with the SWA installation first, get everything first fixed on day 1. if you can start 2nd fix on day 1, all the better. Do your testing on day 2, give yourself time to give your work a thorough visual inspection, if anything is amiss, this would be the time to sort it. Then onto your testing.

AndyGuinness