DC current ?????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkss

DNO Jointer
Reaction score
im trying to measure if teh motobike charger is giving out the correnct current.

ive got teh multimeter set to DC A and have placed it in series on the + lead to the battrey,is this right or am i doing something wrong

help please

thanks

sparkks

im trying to measure if teh motobike charger is giving out the correnct current.ive got teh multimeter set to DC A and have placed it in series on the + lead to the battrey,is this right or am i doing something wrong

help please

thanks

sparkks
That sounds ok to me; as long as the meter is capable of handling the current in question.

*** my apologies if this is a daft question; but you HAVE put the leads in the "amps" socket on the meter; rather than common volt/ohm/milliamp??***

best/easiest way is a DC clamp meter to be honest.

tho a multimeter will do ok, does it have a 10amp scale?

remember that the charging circuit 'appears' to flow backwards.

+ on meter to rectifier, - on meter to + on battery, in series as you rightly say.

Just check you are using the right terminals on the multimeter - a lot of them have a seperate connection for the amps range - other than that all looks fine to me!

thanks guys i had the lead in the wrong socket oppsss :)

sparkss

I don't like Motor bikes. Mike you can move up 2 places and have my spot. :)
No!................ No!............. :(

push him to the back of the queue...

I can find others to fill your places..

THEORYSPARK!

MR SWORLD!

come and have a ride on the nice bike! ; \ ; \

You shouldn`t talk about people like that - they`ll get offended m8:^O:^O:O] :)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :eek:

theres always one with a juvenile mind to lower the tone of a sensible, educational, forum isn't there?! X( :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :eek: theres always one with a juvenile mind to lower the tone of a sensible, educational, forum isn't there?! X( :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O
Now now........... Don`t go waking HIM up again.

Hey, wiz. Can you alter his user name to "uber-god" when he`s not looking????