Di-LOG DL9110 Switches Itself Off

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColleyCibber

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone else out there owns a Di-LOG DL9110? I've recently bought one new and it has an odd behaviour where if left turned on but idle for (exactly) five minutes following a test, it automatically powers itself off. You might say this doesn't seem odd at all, but it's not documented in the manual, Di-LOG deny all knowledge of it being a feature, and - here's the really annoying bit - when it does it it won't switch back on for like half an hour or something no matter what you do (including battery removal). It's almost like a punishment beating for being a naughty electrician and leaving it sat there wasting the batteries. 🙂

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same, or wouldn't mind trying it with their own DL9110 / DL9118 and see if it does the same?

Yes I know lots of people probably think I should have bought a Fluke or a Megger. 🙂

Sorry my oversight, it’s a new unit, in this case I would return it to where you brought and explain that it is faulty and ask for a replacement, this time test it before purchase if it was brought locally. Was it purchased from a reputable company? 

when it does it it won't switch back on for like half an hour or something no matter what you do (including battery removal).

I would stop wasting time and take it back to your supplier for refund or replacement. 

Doc H.

Hi, just wondering if anyone else out there owns a Di-LOG DL9110? I've recently bought one new and it has an odd behaviour where if left turned on but idle for (exactly) five minutes following a test, it automatically powers itself off. You might say this doesn't seem odd at all, but it's not documented in the manual, Di-LOG deny all knowledge of it being a feature, and - here's the really annoying bit - when it does it it won't switch back on for like half an hour or something no matter what you do (including battery removal). It's almost like a punishment beating for being a naughty electrician and leaving it sat there wasting the batteries. 🙂

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same, or wouldn't mind trying it with their own DL9110 / DL9118 and see if it does the same?

Yes I know lots of people probably think I should have bought a Fluke or a Megger. 🙂
I don't think you should have bought a Megger

i know you should have bought a Fluke

apparently other testers are available