DNO rules versus ours

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
S`funny,

Just finished the hotel PIAT ( except the typing out of the actual report :( ). I`d referred to the previous report, for some of my "untestable" and unobtainable info (max dem, Ze, incoming supply, etc.). ALL the previous reports I could find were "lim" or "NV".

Now I can live with calc. or enquiry for Ze ( the DNO sub is 10M away, and the supply cables are TN-C)

I can`t access the actual metering (its installed in "our" cabinet, but they`ve sealed it).......BUT I can access the compartment below, where the incomer, main switch and metering C.T`s are:

SDC11368.jpg

The second pic shows the 800A/phase MCCB incomer (thanks slitherer :x ), with the C.Ts around the busbars. The first shows the DNO feeders from the 11KV sub. But what we STILL didn`t know was what the front-end OCPD is. The main switch is before the metering, so technically DNO`s - but its our main (read: only) isolation for the whole install. I don`t think the metering section has fuses in it; so I`m expecting the sub end is fused.

Not expecting much, I `phone the DNO. 2 hours later, I`m meeting an engineer on site, who`s opening the sub cabinet up to check for me (it has previously been known for the ONLY fusing to be on the HV side of the tranny).

You`ll note from the piccies that there are two DNO cables in parallel (FYI, they`re 300mm c.s.a each). The sort of strange bit is at the other end. (I have a photo, but its waiting to be developed......... :slap )

The dist on the LV side of the sub has shrouded BS88 400A fuses on the cables - each one seperate from the other.

So there are 6 no. BS88 400A fuses on the front of the supply :)

I don`t know what amazed me more - the DNO layout, or the fact that they were so accomodating (WPD if anyone is interested ;) )

KME

n.b. I`ll post the DNO dist. bit, when I get it off the camera - which is currently in the van.......

SDC11367.jpg