Dodgey Ze

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a bit of a strange one.

On a recent rewire we checked the Ze on the lead sheath of the incoming network cable with the loop imp.tester....... reading 0.2 ohms .. seems ok. For reasons unknown I tried my ancient Drummond tester ( the one with the resistor in the lead).. live to cable sheath... lamp did'nt light..strange .

Tried the Imp.tester again.0.2 .. then third time reading went way up high,so applied for a change to PME ,sorry TNC.S.

Point is , we could have left the job with a dodgey main earth, where that 0.2 reading came from is anybodys guess !!

Deke

Here is a bit of a strange one.On a recent rewire we checked the Ze on the lead sheath of the incoming network cable with the loop imp.tester....... reading 0.2 ohms .. seems ok. For reasons unknown I tried my ancient Drummond tester ( the one with the resistor in the lead).. live to cable sheath... lamp did'nt light..strange .

Tried the Imp.tester again.0.2 .. then third time reading went way up high,so applied for a change to PME ,sorry TNC.S.

Point is , we could have left the job with a dodgey main earth, where that 0.2 reading came from is anybodys guess !!

Deke
This could be your test gear - have had circumstance where the more I tested, the higher the reading. On that occasion it was down to the fact that I had been doing lots of testing, and basically the test gear was getting 'tired' (or at least the batteries were). Let test gear cool off for an hour and hey presto things returned to normal. Have since worked on principle that first reading is good, and get gear re-calibrated every 6 months. Have also bought a little check box, just so I have an on the spot known entity to check against.

Many a time I've had funny readings only to find issue with leads etc..

:_|
Speaking of which, does anyone know where the thread is for the "Fluke/Robin" test leads that were replaced FOC by the maufacturer?

I can't find it.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where the thread is for the "Fluke/Robin" test leads that were replaced FOC by the maufacturer?I can't find it.
I'm getting worried about your eyes m8...

seem to be struggling to find anything at the moment??

last time is was the cable dispenser thingy...

p.s.

I don't know either..

but I am sure your secretary Apache will find it!!!:^OBlushing

I did look but couldn't find anything. Before I came to play here and was a member of the forum that shall not be named, it was discussed over there.

I know Mr Admin is also a defector. Is he sure it was on here?

:|

So did Ad 2, But I haven't enough time at the moment. We do have a "Useful links thread".

It was deffo on here.Batty

:D
Thanks Batty - I thought I might be cracking up. :_|

The one that finds it - gets 5 bonus "Scoobs". :p

Thanks Batty - I thought I might be cracking up. :_| The one that finds it - gets 5 bonus "Scoobs". :p

Dare i say it?

There is a thead over there>>>>>>

about Fluke leads being changed by a Fluke rep!!

Dont know if thats the one tho?

Dare i say it?There is a thead over there>>>>>>

about Fluke leads being changed by a Fluke rep!!

Dont know if thats the one tho?
I've PM'ed admin 5 mins ago telling him that! Dearn't post here!