Does Nothing Stay The Same ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For years now Father Christmas used to come up our road a couple of days before he starts his deliveries.  ( Actually The local Round Table version but don't tell the kids)       ((  Or Steptoe))  His elves knocked doors .collecting for local charities  .  Leaflets were in the local free paper so parents knew when he was coming . 

Santa greeted every child out on the street .   Faces were a treat .

Then the Round Table stopped doing it , don't know why, for a couple of years we got at least three lots  one night after the other , one bunch of elves looked extreemly dodgey to me.    

No one knew when they coming . 

This year ....no warning..... a crappy sleigh towed behind a transit van doing about 20 MPH  ....elves and Santa running from door to door with residents dashing back in to get the kids to see Santa, only to find he,s  run off up the road in persuit of of his fast dissapearing sleigh .

No idea which charity.  

I think my daughter is beginning to discover the truth about Santa.

Last year she said "Mummy, Santa used the same wrapping paper as you do"

This year we have a separate roll of paper for the presents from "santa"

Well we are still lucky, he still arives on his sleigh being towed by a 4+4 and stays for around 10 mins so all the kids get to see him an get a little present. And have done for the last five years since moving here.

AFAIK our local lions club santa just parked up outside the local Aldi last weekend.

I havent heard him visit the estate this year as per normal, however i could have just missed him.

My daughter is still a believer, but im not sure what the situation will be next year as she is getting too inquisitive for her own good, tut tut!

Our local town did a nice thing this year.

They had Santa on a real sleigh, pulled by real reindeer's parading along the high street. Followed by the elves, local children from 3 of the schools, (including my daughter) dressed up in costume.

They all seemed to enjoy it. 

Did a pre xmas shop refit in Leigh last year. The day we started they had a Santa procession through the shopping centre, real Reindeer, Real Elves.....you should have seen the lady Elves!.....i'm a believer now!

Anyway when I got home the wife enquired as to the smell eminating from my footwear, did not believe me when i said i had trodden in some Reindeer Eggs!, women, tell em the truth and they look at you like you are stupid!

Just sleighing

We're too remote/muddy/narrow for an organised Santa to come calling. My parents though called to say that Lions were coming along their road Wednesday just gone so we trooped up there with the excited little one. The "sleigh" consisted of what I think was a Transit (and a MK1 at that :lol: ) with a light board either side! No expense spared!

Lost the Christmas cheer a bit yesterday in Sainsburys though. A white bearded guy was driving a mobility scooter up and down the aisles. Had a Santa outfit under orange hi-viz jacket and trousers. Noticed him approaching parents with kids, talking for a second then driving off. Paid no attention just though a bit "odd". A while later he approached me and my young daughter who's a pretty little thing to "offer his services". Tried handing me a pre printed card. Seems he aims to turn up at your house on Christmas morning no less on his scooter whereby he phones the parents who say "Oh look! There's Santa!". Didn't get as far as telling me the rest when I said no thanks and that it rather spoils the surprise saying all of this in front of the intended child.

Sorry but an 'effin (elfin?) oddball in my book! The missus reckoned he was just lonely. If it was the real one then I reckon I'm off his list! :lol: