Does this look right ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsandel1

Reaction score
Hiya. Had solar installed (east and west facing roof) 8 panels on east and 10 on west. (360w panels). The east (8 panels) will easily go over 2kw till about 1pm but the west (10 panels) will only ever get to 1.3kw max. The voltage seems a lot lower on pv2 (west facing) also. Does it just look like pv2 isn't connected up properly. ? New to this. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-131949.png
    Screenshot_20220429-131949.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 10
Having just spent the last week on a BPEC PV solar course, I haven’t done any installs yet but 99% of the week was sitting in the classroom with a calculator going through the maths. Ask to see a breakdown of the expected yields from both arrays. My very limited opinion is that perhaps your roof is more South East, North West oriented.. again there are calcs for all this which may answer you questions. Ask to see the calcs

All sorted. Thanks. I noticed the voltage was down in pv2 (alot) and worked out that the panels should produce about 33.7volts each (ish). 5 of the panels wasn't connected (somehow). They now are and I'm getting around 337v (goes up and down) and alot more kw now. Thanks for the reply

I got the electrician back to confirm they were connected . He agreed with the calculations looking wrong and checked.