Domestic house & more than 4kW

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried implementing more than 4 kW on a domestic property with single phase supply??

I ask because I have a quote to do for a property that used to be a golf driving range, ergo has massive shed roof capable of taking a lot more than 4kW. I have also seen people advertising 5kW systems for domestic. So in short I was wondering what the pitfalls of going over 4kW might be, such as lower tariff, DNO permissions etc etc

whats the supply mate? 3phase and you've got 4kw per phase no need for DNO clearance.. Golf driving range with big floods may have 3 phase?

You need permission from DNO first, they should be ok about it, they may even still let you install to 83 rather than 59, hopefully,

Google envirolink for some good info, I dont know how to do links on my phone :(

Android ? Get an iPhone its intuitive :slap :slap :slap
I struggle to do anything more than dial out and answer on ANY phone,!

Envirolink Northwest

there you go, they have some info, or if you cant find it PM me and I'll try send it to you. :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:01 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:00 ----------

Android ? Get an iPhone its intuitive :slap :slap :slap
so that Mr Jobs knows where I have been?

tut tut, he is just as bad as Bill, :|