Domestic Solar Panels - can you convince me?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greggo

Reaction score
Im looking into getting solar panels for my house, but need some encouragement as it seems like a lot of money....

Any stories, thoughts, anecdotes, recommendations to share?

Greggo

Personally if you intend to stay in your until you are carried out in a box and it is likely to be longer than 15 years it should be worth it

if you intend moving

i wouldnt bother......

Payback should be about 5-8 years depending on the system and site. Im doing a 4KW system complete with ASHP in the lakes this week, payback under 5 years!

Get quality kit and its deffo worth it,

Greggo, you should look at it as an investment rather than a purchase. As an investment you'll get 8+% return on your money which is better than a savings account. After 8 - 10 years you'll have your money back to put back in your savings account and you'll still have 15 years of guaranteed FIT of

5 years, that 's a bit keen.

have a look at this UKSolar Case Study - 7 peoples installations, 7 sets of genuine figures for outputs, 1 slightly failing system - I reckon inveretr is too big and not being efficient (or crap installer)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:10 ----------

If you are anywhere near Plymouth give a call

Payback should be about 5-8 years depending on the system and site. Im doing a 4KW system complete with ASHP in the lakes this week, payback under 5 years! Get quality kit and its deffo worth it,
Where abouts in the lakes? North Lakes is my patch (though not pv!)