Double outlet socket advise

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris137

Reaction score
Hi all,  I'm hoping one of you might be able to point me in right direction.  I'm looking for something similar to this https://hartingtonheath.com/product/i-lumos-as-luxury-white-plastic-arc-double-20a-switch-with-switched-13a-uk-socket/ with a flex outlet on 20am switch side? I've replaced my dad's night storage heaters with new Dimplex Quantum versions which also have "peak" supply heat option integrated which they state must be connected to a 20a DP switch. Other than the the NSH "off peak" outlet the nearest socket is a standard double gang socket and i was hoping to simply replace this as there is not much room to spur another outlet. Please let me know if this exists? Thanks for any assistance you can give😀

simple guidance is that you can't replace, on a ring final circuit protected by a 30A or 32A breaker a standard 13A socket with a 20A DP switch ....

If you have an economy 7 outlet available , use that for the off peak AND plug in the 24 x 7 supply to the heater .

Another option may be to change the economy 7 outlet to a 24 x 7 but that is much more involved and unless you are a competent spark I would recommend you get a local spark involved.

BTW, always leave both switches on or the Quantum won't know what to do 

Hope this helps

Latest posts