downlights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringy

Reaction score
been on a job today where i had to fit 15 fire rated downlights, using the little pork pie jb's i was on my own with no radio going insane.

just wondering which way you guys do downlights....ive used the new hager j501 jb's good bit of kit but seem to take just as long.

been told that aurora do a little box which the wires just push into might try them next time

thanking you

Wago (and Wago JB) & In-sure, Both are push fit connectors.

Personally, I haven't used the Wago - But I have used many of the In-sure push fits. I like them. (enclosed in a chocbox).

been on a job today where i had to fit 15 fire rated downlights, using the little pork pie jb's i was on my own with no radio going insane.just wondering which way you guys do downlights....ive used the new hager j501 jb's good bit of kit but seem to take just as long.

been told that aurora do a little box which the wires just push into might try them next time

thanking you
Why not use the ones with loop in loop out transformers. I used to use the ibl contract ones but have had problems with them burning out lampholders. I now use snaplite although they are a bit pricey.`

Batty

I have used the wago stuff with a T+E cable stripper

done in no time at all

What T&E cable stripper Mate? Have a link or pic or Both?

A good selection of each in your fixings Compartment case SSAB.

never understodd why they dont make the terminals and grips big enough to get 2 sets of cables in anyway.they know all but 1 light will have 2 cables so why make it harder??

Wago (and Wago JB) & In-sure, Both are push fit connectors. Personally, I haven't used the Wago - But I have used many of the In-sure push fits. I like them. (enclosed in a chocbox).
well i had to fit 5 downlights today so i thought i would give the wago's a try with the wago box

fantastic items to use, quick easy good connection my days of using the pork pie jb's are over lol

:D

well i had to fit 5 downlights today so i thought i would give the wago's a try with the wago boxfantastic items to use, quick easy good connection my days of using the pork pie jb's are over lol

:D
I still like EATING porks pies!!!Blushing:^O:^O:^O

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink] :)

i prefer meat & potato.....doh potato and meat as its now known.

:)