Driller Killer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I bought one of these drills

DeWalt D25013N-GB 2kg SDS+ Hammer Drill 240V

from screwfix about a month ago and I've already broke it.. grease spewing from the motor vent and from around the Chuck... Apparently looking at the reviews it's a reasonably common fault..

I ruined it by taking up <4m of floor tiles, adhesive and self leveler (inc electric ufh)... It got through the job, but I had to wipe the grease off it constantly.

Another problem is that the drill comes in a cardboard box, it feels rather DIY and the depth stop (which I always remove) was made of plastic

Thankfully after 32 days screwfix exchanged it,,, I got a Makita (white) one instead... Hopefully it'll be a lot better

I have noticed a general decline in tool quality these days. I think if I was to start a tool collection again now I would go for the Hilti fleet management scheme. Unfortunately I do not do the work I did 10 years ago so the power tools don't see enough use to warrant it now.

Dewalt stuff hasn't been been the same since black n decker bought them many years ago.

Talking to a screweys employee the get a lot more dewalt stuff back than makita.

I've got the predecessor to the one you got noz and its taken a fait bit of abuse so far!

:)

I had the 2kg dewalt a few years back, it lasted a could of months at most so swapped for the Makita which is now sitting in shed waiting new brushes, although the clutch is a little loose, so now redundant as have bought the milwaukee version. :)

gets used every few days...

its outlived 2 117mm cores, probably a good few thousand chases (and outlived many chasing bits) & a lot of holes etc etc. and its still on its original flex

Turns out Dewalt was bought by black n decker in the 1960's :lol:

but...

In 2002, DeWalt ceased all tool manufacturing in the USA and moved manufacturing to China and Mexico, but per a press release on Veterans Day of 2013, DeWalt has been bringing some tool manufacturing back to the US with their "Built in the USA with global materials" label. Many of their tools will be assembled in the USA with both US-made and foreign components, however, some batteries and chargers will still be manufactured elsewhere.[2]

To be honest i have the same drill as does a colleague both are ancient and receive regular abuse drilling through 1m thick stone walls. I dont believe i would want to do much in the way of chiseling with a 2kg.