Drink Driver.............done!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Went to Tesco this morning, just coming out the shop & some bloke is attempting to drive away after reversing into my car.

got him to open his window & the stink of booze nearly knocked me over........he parked up so we could exchange details.....what a surprise he couldn't remember his insurers, anyway while I kept him chatting Mrs107 was onto plod explaining we had a DD.

I got a pen & paper from the shop where the girl behind the counter told me he was trying to buy 2 bottles of vodka & got arsey because she refused to serve him.

Fair play to the police they were there inside 10 mins..."because it is a road collision I will have to breathalyze you both" he turns to Mr untidy "shall we start with you sir"

The machine went into overdrive & gave an instant fail, on with the cuffs & into the car arrested.....

An hour later we were called to give a witness statement & were told because we both placed him driving he is looking at a custodial sentence...........4.5 times over the limit at 09:50 in the morning.

Still didn't get any insurance details.............................

Just a thought - is he covered by his insurance if driving drunk? I know of a refused insurance claim because someone let their MOT lapse and that was a condition of the insurance.

You did a good job getting him dealt with, but might not have helped your situation. Is there much damage?

Just a thought - is he covered by his insurance if driving drunk? I know of a refused insurance claim because someone let their MOT lapse and that was a condition of the insurance.

You did a good job getting him dealt with, but might not have helped your situation. Is there much damage?
iirc his insurance must legally still cover 3rd party if he is drunk (or anything else), but they could reclaim costs from him

Bloody pratt could 've mowed down a load of kids at that time in the morning  without anything else !!!

I see now that insurance docs are stating clearly that no MOT OR driving licence negates the cover .

I hope you are not left out of pocket Martyn.

The local free paper here reports on proceedings at the Magistrate's Courts  and there is a large number of  Driving with Excess alcohol  AND  no insurance AND no licence .

But you are fined more for dropping a cigarette butt  it seems :C

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest the damage is sod all but a small scuff on the paint work & not worth going through the insurance (it measures about 1.5" long) I was going to have a go because he was just going to clear off, but once I smelt the booze it was like red rag to a bull & he was going nowhere except a cell for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no excuse for drink driving. The aftermath of their actions are appalling. I am glad this time only a car was damaged!! It could very well have been a child.

Sorry about your car M107, but I think you are of the same mindset as I.

Well done in getting the drunk off the road before they killed some poor soul.

So what about the legal driving of a vehicle (without MOT or TAX) on a road when taking for a MOT or to or from a garage for repairs for a MOT?
Yes ... I believe you are allowed to drive to & from a PRE- BOOKED  MOT .

I always think the following about driving without insurance .........  you are involved in a crash ..driver & passengers are severly injured ...limbs lost ,say,  head of family will never work again etc.  

Then his solicitor's letter drops through your letterbox .announcing that they are sueing you personally for Mega millions of £s  ............yet you never seem to hear of this happening .   

Yes ... I believe you are allowed to drive to & from a PRE- BOOKED  MOT .

I always think the following about driving without insurance .........  you are involved in a crash ..driver & passengers are severly injured ...limbs lost ,say,  head of family will never work again etc.  

Then his solicitor's letter drops through your letterbox .announcing that they are sueing you personally for Mega millions of £s  ............yet you never seem to hear of this happening .   
happened my brother, hes still a dick btw,

crashed years ago with passengers, no insurance,

thats why his house is in his GFs name and they cant get married,,,,,,,,,