Dust Masks & Eye protection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...

I recently finished a rewire, old'ish property, involved cutting in 35 or 40 back boxes for; double sockets/light switches/Tv/Phone/Cat5e sockets etc..

plus chasing down or up some walls!

& some parts had obviously had previous damp problems because some of internal walls had more of a render rather than plaster covering!! :(

anyway old plaster was that horse-hair stuff, very flakey loads of dust:_|

need dust mask on and eye protection...

but I always find my dust mask causes my goggles or glasses to steam up after 5mins or so...

(have tried a few mask types & glasses/goggles/visors etc..)

Have any of you guys had any similar situations that you have found a good soloution too?????

open to suggestions:|

I get the same problem as you, with regards to the goggles misting up.

Mine mist up straight away though.

Have you tried an oxygen fed, full face mask?

I haven't the money to buy one, but they are supposed to be the "Dog's danggling bits".

:)

I get the same problem as you, with regards to the goggles misting up. Mine mist up straight away though.

Have you tried an oxygen fed, full face mask?

I haven't the money to buy one, but they are supposed to be the "Dog's danggling bits".

:)
Probably cheaper to employ an apprentice to do the chasin out:^O:^O

Well divers always spit into their masks and smear it around the inside to stop them misting. It's a little disgusting and not to be done in front of a client but it might solve your problem!

Well divers always spit into their masks and smear it around the inside to stop them misting. It's a little disgusting and not to be done in front of a client but it might solve your problem!
I can give that a try next time...

It aint gona cost much even it it dosn't work..

Hope no big green bits come out:^O

better practice my spittingB)

I remember This Stuff when it came out years ago.

It was not only a top cleaning product, but it was great at stopping your mirrors in the bathroom, form misting up in the steam, in the days before extractor fans.

I tried it again several years ago, and it was the same result.

I tried it again about 4 -5 years ago and didn't find it as good.

Was it a bad batch? I don't know - I haven't bought any since.

It is the dog's in household cleaning and that stuff is the only stuff that I used that could get your canopy, guttering and downpipes, to the "New" white of the manufacture.

Thinking about it - It probably had ingredients that has been banned (harmless but you know what it is like with the ozone layer hype).

Try it mate - you'll never know - if it no longer works on that front, at least you'll have some outstanding cleaning paste.

Good old " Astonish Cleaning Paste " :x

this only works when the goggles are sealed around your eyes/face i use prescription goggles to swim and it only works for a while have to re spit in them every 200 meters so its pants really ... as for goggles i now use safety specs instead of safety mask as i wear glasses they fit over my specs and don't steam up when i wear a mask .....It's because of the larger venting gap they don't mist , not much cop in really dusty situations but then i found the enclosed goggles were shite too:( B)

Morning Mike, Mate.

I can't wear the Goggles either.

I wear safety glasses (even though, as you know, I don't wear glasses). But they still mist up. :_|

Spitting in goggles and then dip them quickly in water is better then just simply wearing them.

I

blimy!!!

'Luke'........

'I am your farther'.....

'come with me, to the dark side'.......

'and we can chase out walls 70mm deep!'...

'and run our cables diagonaly and round in circles!'.....

'And the part P force will never find us'? :D :D:D

FAAATTTTTTHHHHHHEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I have got some glasses/goggles & a pull down visor thing..

(not all used at the same time:^ O)

mind you the visor tends to get more scratched than steammed up!

I have tried a few masks..

I am tending towards thinking the mask is the fundimental problem!

needs to stop breath escaping around top of nose into eye area?

I have tried a few masks..I am tending towards thinking the mask is the fundimental problem!

needs to stop breath escaping around top of nose into eye area
One of the reason that the paper masks are poo, they are not dust masks

Latest posts