EAL Domestic Installer Scheme

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest no qualified electrician need go on one of them domestic installer courses, its just another way of getting some of your cash off you.

Good luck with the exams anyway

hornet you need to go on the course if you want to be part p
Really I never did, I just sent me dosh and some bloke turned up and assessed me.

I thought that if you had your qualifications and met the requirements you did not need to have a domestic installer certificate as well.

Mind you I did mine when it first came out so it may have changed since.

Really I never did, I just sent me dosh and some bloke turned up and assessed me.I thought that if you had your qualifications and met the requirements you did not need to have a domestic installer certificate as well.

Mind you I did mine when it first came out so it may have changed since.
I think this is a bit of a difference for those wanting to come into sparking now post Part P, as opposed to those who were trading PRE part P.

i.e.

before Part P, qualified & competent spark could do full rewire..

all quite legally and above board..... and may or may not if they so choose, join an approved electrical contractor body.

whereas NOW post part p a qualified spark cannon LEGALLY do a full rewire without being a member of on on the electrical contractor schemes, or going down the notification scheme.

hornet you need to go on the course if you want to be part p
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

do they actually tell you that? or do they somehow think that their course even compares to even level 2 of the 2330 course????

The answer is "Tell him that you will pass on the message to the forman for him to make contact with the building control office"

Lots of stupid questions in that section. But I did get 100% right in that NCS TMA.

Let me know if you need help with any others.

Good luck with course....

you ll get out of it what you put in..

Ignore the negative ones and go on to do your regs and inspection and testing qualifications if you can .....

Get some work with a spark and Im sure this will give you good grounding for your future career

All the best

Guiness Drink