Earth clamp

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't but wouldn't mind trying them..

Have read comments elsewhere (think it was reasonable)

:)

That looks a cracking idea. You would guess they would be cheaper than normal given that they are plastic.

I have seen a comment or two on them, but where? I can't remember. Maybe our friend Patch can help?

:D

Read something on another forum ages ago about the ezybond clamp not having a BS number so non conforming with wiring regs?

Read something on another forum ages ago about the ezybond clamp not having a BS number so non conforming with wiring regs?
As long as the item has equal or higher safety than it's equivulent item, then it's acceptable.

Mr link has done that "Pushy Shovey" thing again.

Is it me being a bloody nuisance again, or are the metallic BS 951 clamps a ****** to install and still make look good? This HCL clamp appears not to have these problems :) AndyGuiness Drink
Yes, Zee, your not wrong...

Some manufacturers of the metal BS 951 clamps are a pain to fix..

:|

Is it me being a bloody nuisance again, or are the metallic BS 951 clamps a ****** to install and still make look good? This HCL clamp appears not to have these problems :) AndyGuiness Drink
Depends what make you use. I use the tenby ones always work ok but I might try the plastic ones. Always looking for better and easier things to use.

Batty

(ext15 doing pushey shovey)

:D

The only downside I could see on these were the fact you need to stock 4 types in your van and that I can't tell from the data sheet if you can daisey chain from them so you may have to fit 2 to a pipe to loop on

I got a free sample of these clamps but have not had a chance to use them yet.

There is two holes for cables in the clamp but you would have to thread it onto the cable so could be a pain if you have a long length of cable.

Installation looks simple just a case of putting it over a pipe and nipping shut.

sorry that I cant give a review on installation as yet, as soon as I have used one I will post my veiws

hth

The only downside I could see on these were the fact you need to stock 4 types in your van
That looks like the biggest problem that I see to, 20 per pack at 6 quid a pack but that nets down to 30p per clamp and it looks like it will save you guys a fair bit of installation time.

These clamps do not meet the requirements of BS 951 as one of the criteria's is the construction has to be made entirely of metal. The company challenged the authorities last year about this but lost. Even their statement (link posted above) says something along those lines.

These clamps do not meet the requirements of BS 951 as one of the criteria's is the construction has to be made entirely of metal. The company challenged the authorities last year about this but lost. Even their statement (link posted above) says something along those lines.
Indeed so Mr Slip's...

Although they are "electrically tested to meet BS951:1999".....

constructionally they don't meet BS951...

Eaton cannot claim compliance with BS951:1999 due to the standard referring to thefact that all of the components of the clamp, with exception of the label, be made of

metal.
tis a conundrum??? do you or don't you use em????

phone a friend?

ask the studio audience????BlushingGuiness Drink