earth loop inpeadance,

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also the use of the structural steel framework as earth is excellent means of earthing and is superior to anj earth rod.

Unusual to get a 6 ohm reading of earth rod was the other bonding disconnected ie water quite often you will get that sort of reading from metal water pipe.

batty

I thought that this site was to help those of us that are novices and could do with some constructive help, For the people that have been helpfull and actuly read the questions I asked thank you. for those that think this is a wind up can you please tell me why you do not think it is a legitamte question. and before stating something underderstand the fundimentals of what you are saying ie try to get it rite.

I thought that this site was to help those of us that are novices and could do with some constructive help, For the people that have been helpfull and actuly read the questions I asked thank you. for those that think this is a wind up can you please tell me why you do not think it is a legitamte question. and before stating something underderstand the fundimentals of what you are saying ie try to get it rite.
This site is for ALL interested parties, novice and experienced sparx alike. Sometimes, a question will be phrased is such a way that people will consider it to be either a wind-up, or a waste of their time.

The regs are, to a point, open to interpretation; and there are some differences of opinion as to the best way to achieve compliances.

Your posts suggests that you do not understand the fundamental differences in operation of a protective device (MCB, fuse etc) and a residual current device (RCD, RCBo ). If that is the case, you should NOT be "learning to do electrical testing" mate, you should be learning basic electrical work.

I`m not "having a go", just wanted to point out why you may be getting a little bit of discrepancy about your post.

KME

sorry kme mate not directed at you, but people are telling me i am wrong in what i have said when i am not. i do not think any thing that i have put forward is wrong ie using structural steel work buried in concrete as a earth electrode, or the fact that below 100 ohms is what is stated for ELI for an RCD,

I understand the principles and the way they work I have read about them till my eyes popped out. all it basically comes down to is that I can not find anywhere that explains my question in black and white

1663 ohms is NOT adequate for an earth rod. 100ohms is considered to be the most stable maximum, 200ohms is allowed. 1663 ohms is the value which satifies something else which you would be advised to read and check.(the 50V equation). 6 ohms quoted by the original poster on a TT system is very good! Don't know what all the fuss is about. However, the fusebaord should be of the type where either dual RCDs that discriminate have been used on a previous edition of the regs or appropriate RCDs are protecting appropriate circuits. 17th ed board will satisfy everthing in that respect.
yes, I know exactly what the 50v rule is, and if you bothered reading many of my posts you would know this, 1663ohms is perfectly acceptable if you use a 30mA RCD, which you should be doing to comply with 17th,

its the DNO that usually wont accept anything above 200 ohms, nothing to do with the regs whatsoever, unless you can show me where it says so!

there is NOWHERE I can think of where a maximum is stated for a TT system, the ONLY way to obtain it is by calculation of the 50v rule and rating of RCD.

sorry about questioning the wind up, it just sounded strange to be asking this sort of question while sounding unsure of some fundamentals. ?:|