Ebay fun

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best ebay advert ever:

One sunny afternoon I saw this boat sitting in a driveway not far from my castle. It looked sad and neglected, and without a motor I knew it was going nowhere fast. The old lady that I bought it off told me that the hull could take up to 60 horses and straight away I knew she was a liar. I could see that you would be lucky to fit one horse in it, maybe two Welsh mountain ponies at the most, but not 60 horses. I had no proof that the hull couldn't take 60 horses, so I had to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I paid her good money for the boat and went via the local race track on the way home. I crashed through the rear gate with the boat in tow, and using a bag of molasses dipped carrots that I had prepared earlier, I attempted to lure 60 horses into the hull. One horse bit me and another kicked me so hard that I have a permanent good luck bruise on my right thigh. My fall to the ground scared the other horses, and I was trampled so badly that I ended up with my kidneys running away from the carnage. I brushed myself off and returned to my car, furious that I had been tricked.

Later that night I returned to the old lady's house and cut down four of her 145 azaleas. I then crept inside her house and made her a cup of tea, putting the milk in after I poured the tea. Confident she would never lie again, I left her house, stomping on the head of her door snake on the way out.

The boat sat in my driveway for nigh on half a decade before I decided to do something about it. I moved it into my backyard and it sat there for nearly two more weeks, before I moved it again back to the driveway. All the moving around meant that I had to replace the wheel bearings in the trailer. Not because they had worn out, but I couldn't stand looking like I was someone who had a boat which they never used. I moved the boat out onto the street and pretended to do some emergency wheel bearing replacements. All the passers by watched in awe as I managed to get my motorless boat back on the road again. And into my driveway.

I looked around for an outboard to suit this beautiful boat but noticed that outboard motors were extremely expensive yet without good reason. An outboard motor is basically a lawnmower, spread over a larger area and with smaller blades and water cooling. I tried fitting my own lawnmower to the boat and despite the cheers and encouragement from those at the boat ramp, oars were the only thing that brought me back to shore. I kept searching for a suitable motor and eventually stumbled across the motor which is fitted to it. It was at an auction, sitting in a big crate when I walked past and stumbled across it. I thought, perfect, it looks big enough so I bought it.

When I got the motor home I realised that I had bought an ex military outboard motor. Apparently the men, women and German shepherds in the military are so tough that they don't need electric start, oh no, even if the factory produced them with electric start, it wasn't for them. I mean who wants to be stuck in a river somewhere with 7.62mm rounds flying past while having the luxury of turning a key and motoring away! Obviously not the military. No way; these things are pull start. So with your shrapnel ridden good arm and your mine depleted missing arm, you have to pull start this thing with your ear. Fortunately the motors do start easily, despite pulling the cord is like trying to pull the wallet from an ice addict running away from you after your Christmas ATM withdrawal.

These motors are also made to be put on and removed quickly, despite the fact that they weigh more than the Trike of Death with a full tank of fear. They also have what's known as a 'work prop', which as far as I can work out means that the boats with these motors are made for work, not play. I tried to take people water skiing, and despite getting off to a flying start the boat tops out at around 25 knots, leaving the water skiers to make small talk amongst themselves. Admittedly, 25 knots is less than what was in my fishing line after the first time that I used the boat.

You will see from the pictures that the boat has no seats. When I bought the boat, it had back to back seats which I thought were completely useless. What point is there in having your friends look at the reverse of what you have already seen? I felt that the thing would be far better with something like a bathroom or kitchen instead. How wrong was I. I must have still been under the delusion that the hull could take 60 horses, so I had an architect draw me the plans for a blue and white ark with stables for 60 horses, a kitchen, bathroom and ex-military outboard motor. His plans were a disaster because they incorporated too much glass and all this energy saving crap that I didn't need.

The military motor that is on it was never designed to be operated remotely, unlike most boats made after 1859. This motor was designed to always have someone at the business end for a real test of endurance. Firstly, you can't hear when people are telling you to 'look out', and they're telling you to look out because the bow is so high in the air that seeing anything in front while you're controlling the outboard is impossible. I thought of fitting a glass bottom just to see what's ahead, but decided that modifying the motor would be cheaper.

The motor and the boat really are an odd couple: The motor was built in 1990 based on technology from 1950, while the boat was built in the 1970's based on what they thought we would be wanting in 1990s. Everything is so wrong. The upside is that if you remember to put the bungs in, the boat floats. The first time I took it out to try the new motor I noticed that the tide seemed to get higher and higher around the boat

There is that whole boating thing that I still can't get used to. The fact that you have to wash your boat down every time you use it, and flush the engine with fresh water. Honestly, who would ever own a car if they had to take out all the seats and hose it down, before leaving it running in the driveway with a hose stuck up its exhaust for an hour? Boats are a joke. If you have one on a trailer, you have to fight with every person that's never put their car in reverse, let alone reversed a trailer. If you leave one in the water for more than a week, it grows enough seaweed and barnacles to keep a generation of Chinese alive for a century.

I also hate how owning a boat suddenly sends your mind back 1000 years. You must talk in fathoms, knots, bearings and sing sea shanties. You have to get sunburned just to have a good day out, and if someone on the boat doesn't turn themselves inside out vomiting, then it just hasn't been a good day. There is also that mandatory requirement that everyone on the boat has to say 'now this is the life' at least once an hour, including the poor ******* that has just spewed up their undies.

On the bright side... On the shady side, the boat floats. It is as agile as a drunken man negotiating the Swiss Alps in a shopping trolley. It has blue paint on the top surface, which means that when you are lost at sea, there is even less chance of being found. It has no electric start, so your limp-wristed

mates are unlikely to want to borrow it. It has no seats, so there is more room for dancing. It isn't a bad boat, but I just don't like it.

Further photos can be supplied on request, including photos of the boat.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160376184782#description

:D

I copied and pasted as the link will go soon

ROTFWL

You've surpassed your previous record in the longest post competition. This one's run over two pages. Never knew there was a limit of space for a post before. I do now. ROTFWL

You've surpassed your previous record in the longest post competition. This one's run over two pages. Never knew there was a limit of space for a post before. I do now. ROTFWL
1000 characters!

:D

From the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160366724092

Yamaha Trike of Death T-Shirt

As I have only one Trike of Death to sell, everyone else will have to settle with a T shirt.

Firstly, let me tell you that the shirts are a limited edition because they are made of cotton, and cotton is in short supply at the moment. If they were made of silk it would there would be nothing to worry about, due to the current plague of silk worms in the remote rainforests of Borneo.

The shirts are available in any colour, including clear. In fact the clear ones are only $1 because for just $1 I'll let you imagine that you have bought one and after about a week, pretend that it has arrived in the post, then walk around topless.

The shirts are 200gsm cotton (thicker than toilet paper) with a high quality vinyl transfer. They are available in a variety of sizes, including;

Finally something that fits me which isn't a shower curtain.

Small, but in reality large just to make you feel better.

Oxford Street medium, with extra short, extra tight sleeves.

Medium, for clairvoyants.

Extra large, for pregnant women or men about to give birth to a keg of beer.

Long, for unfortunate people born with incredibly long torsos.

Midriff, for those that like to show off either their stretch marks, belly button fluff or treasure trails.

XXX Large, for Vin Diesel.

They really are a comfortable shirt, in fact when I modelled for the photo (I do have arms, but rippling muscles don't look good in photos) I found that wearing the T shirt was even more comfortable than my mankini.

As soon as I put the T shirt on I drew a crowd, using a pencil and a piece of paper. It wasn't very good because I couldn't get the faces to look real.

If you want to ride a trike and really look the part, you need to have this T shirt. Forget swine flu vaccination, this T shirt is far more important. In fact it could just save your life one day. I've heard of one guy that I just made up who got lost once in Japan. Lucky for him, he had the Trike of Death T shirt on, so he was able to use it to cook himself some sushi. Even luckier for him was that he realised that he didn't have to cook sushi, so he not only saved his own life but also his T shirt. I already know you are convinced that you have to have one of these shirts, they are really amazing. Yes, truly. Imagine if you were lost in the open one cold night with a group of strange people. At least this T shirt would give you something to talk about other than the weather and Coldplay.

I guarantee that this shirt will provide hours of fun for the whole family. Each person could see how many different ways they could wear the shirt. I've managed 9 but I now have to wait until the next time I go to the toilet before I see it again.

The buy it now price doesn't include postage, but I'll try to work out an accurate price for those that are keen.

Remember, strictly a limited time.

Washing Machine, NEC NW892, modified to take up space.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160374734993

I bought this washing machine in a fit of desperation. My old washing machine ate a pair of my undies and would no longer work, so I sent it packing. After about five weeks of wearing my stock of clean clothes, I decided that it was time to get a new washing machine. The blokes at work said I looked like an idiot wearing a pyjama top and a sarong fashioned out of my excess collection of socks, so it was time to wash my dirty clothes.

I was actually after a front loader, but couldn't find one in the six minutes I spent looking online. I picked this ripper up from a girl who said that the washing machine had been serviced more than the Hilton sisters. I was onto a bargain, and blinded by my desperation and pile of clothes that I couldn't climb over, I paid her $250 and took it away.

When I got the washing machine home, I realised how much of a smartarse it was. Firstly, it says on the front 'Full Automatic Washing Machine'. That's strange, I still had to turn the thing on, fill it with clothes and add detergent; nothing automatic about that at all. The other thing that surprised me was that the washing machine doesn't have an agitator. The only positive to that was that the clothes that it washed were a lot calmer than my last washing machine, my jeans were very relaxed and my undies didn't keep looking around to see if anyone was coming.

It didn't actually do a bad job of washing clothes, it's just that I can't stand a washing machine that thinks it's smart. Making things worse was that when it finished a load, it plays this ridiculous music as if the prospect of hanging out five weeks of washing was something to be excited about. I was fuming. I also saw on the front of it that it only had one star for efficiency, pathetic. It also claims to have fuzzy logic, which I thought was an indication that it could cleverly detect stray pubes and send them into a separate chamber. No.

I decided that I would fix up its efficiency, so I took the back cover off and found this big heavy electric motor and a very inefficient belt drive. I knew that I had finally found the cause of my huge energy bills. For a while, I thought that the hydroponic scotch thistle setup in my shed was to blame. No, it was that big power sucking motor in my washing machine.

I was very careful which wire to cut first, because I didn't want to turn up to a hospital and explain how I had ended up with fabric softener shrapnel embedded in my poo chamber. I cut the red and white wire first, then the next two. No bang, no electric shock, yay. After unbolting the motor from the washing machine it was time to try out my modification.

My washing machine had gone from a pathetic 1 star to an impressive 16 stars after my successful mod. It even saved water too, because even though it did all the fancy crap at the start, it never actually seemed to end. I had a pair of high heel undies in there for a month waiting for the cycle to finish, but I gave up and ended up pulling out a goat.

Clearly I had done something wrong, so it was back to the drawing board where I managed to draw one of those houses where you don't lift the pencil off the paper.

This didn't help the washing machine one bit. I tried everything; I laid it on its side and turned it into a front loader, but the lid didn't seal well enough. I even tried throwing a shark in with my clothes, but the detergent made its eyes sting and it took off like a scalded cat dressed in a shark suit. I then tried putting an outboard motor in it, but my mankini got wrapped around the propeller and nearly destroyed my boating future.

I contacted NEC and told them that I must have pressed one of the buttons in the wrong order, or perhaps didn't adjust the legs properly. They asked me to send them a photo of what I had done and they told me that I would need a new motor. I explained to them that the motor was the cause of all the problems in the first place and that they should think about removing them from all their washing machines. They hung up on me.

So now I have this thing sitting outside my laundry. Is it a dog kennel? Is it a fish tank? Is it a cubby house? Is it an ice box? It could be. Or it could even be a good washing machine if you bought a new motor for it and connected the wires back up carefully.

I did end up buying a front loader, and trust me, they take a long, long time to wash clothes. Why they have a clear door is beyond me, who wants to watch the same sudsy clothes go past a window for 3 hours?