Ecs Card

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark2spark

Reaction score
I haven't worked on a building site for well over 10 years now, but with work drying up left right and centre, an up coming opportunity to work locally on a site that is going to go 'ballistic' due to housing association timetables, - completion of site by June 30 - sounds too good to miss. 
"You've got a card I take it?" says the contractor. 
Part P registration card? I ask 
No, a ECS card, like a CSCS card but an electrical one. 
Oh, right, errrr, no, don't have one of those. 
So a bit of googling reveals the scope of this. H & S test? Err, ok. 
Q1 Someone is burnt and you take him to first aid station, but there's no one there. Do you; 
a. Leave him there and go for help 
b. Go home. 
c. Kick the door in. 
d. Go back to work. 

Really. 

But the best is yet to come. Despite working as an electrician since 1983, passing of C & G 236 in 1992, 17th edition 2382 in 2008, and being Elecsa registered for 4 years... 
Do you have NVQ level 3? 
No. 
Then you can only get a trainee Electrician card then. 

Wow. 

Why do the JIB ECS card guys need this when Elecsa dont? I can do *anything* with my Elecsa membership, and sign it off, all unsupervised, yet...? 
I feel like giving up sometimes. 
My daughter works as a waitress at Frankie & Bennys and can make £200 in tips on a long Saturday shift. On top of wages. 

Thanks for reading :D

Well mine is out of date now so would I need an NVQ 3 to renew it I wonder .

Its all ballcocks Mark,  some twat who sits in nice warm office telling us what we can and can't do .

Latest posts