ELECSA members

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggles69

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I appologise if you have read a similar thread to this before but I might have found some decent work in Spain and I am trying to find out if I can work there legitimately.

A friend of mine is registered with ELECSA and he tells me they have assured him they are recognised WORLD WIDE...........

Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

I am not registered with anyone at the moment but I am 17th edition and 2391 qualified.

I have sent ELECSA 4 Emails asking to clarify, but had no reply.

A British sparks I met over in Spain (who has lived there for 17yrs) has never heard of ELECSA and told me it is extremely difficult for English tradesmen to get registered with the Spanish government before starting any work in the country.

Has anyone else looked into working abroad, especially Spain?

If any of you are registered with ELECSA would you mind sending them an Email asking if they do cover Europe as well as the UK?

They might take more notice of you if you are already members.

Thanks.

Bigs

ELECSA may be recognised worldwide(although I doubt it) but this does'nt mean being registered with them allows you to work worldwide( I'm pretty sure of this). Elecsa allows you to register normally notifiable work in the UK through them.

I would imagine that Spain and any other country for that matter has its own rules and regs regarding who can and can't work on there electrical installations.

they have told you a load of crock,

thery are nothing outside UK, same as NICEIC and all the rest of them, they are all alined to BS7671 which dont mean jack, its a british standard, although somewhat armonised now albeit.

you will need to do a spanish competency test and H&S assesement I think nowadays, Ive had my Spanish right to work for a few years now so some things have changed.

the regs and competency test are NOT as easy as you may at first suspect,

although with the right to work anywhere within the EU your main concern will be in keeping to local laws and supply authority rules rather than any national rules, as is with the UK they are only guidelines,

the actual wiring systems are much simpler and safer than UK, being DP RCBOs and radials mostly, and an assortment of spider lighting mixed with loop in loop out.

earthing arrangements vary immensely from area to area.

HTH a little, anything more specific just ask,

Albert, :)

Hi folks,A friend of mine is registered with ELECSA and he tells me they have assured him they are recognised WORLD WIDE...........
Interesting concept, sadly not true...

:^O :^O

A friend of mine is registered with ELECSA and he tells me they have assured him they are recognised WORLD WIDE...........

Sounds like the Americans calling the Baseball final the World Series:|

Their the only B******s that play the stupid game

I thought Japan played it aswell ???
I ment for the world series, like the boat race every year it's a bloody fix same two teams in it every year:^O:^O:^O