Electrical Books - Books to help in becoming an electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have put together a "Forum associate programme with amazon.co.uk" to purchase any books that you require for learning / reference to, etc.

On some books, - I don't know which ones, the forum should receive a little commission?!

Your support, by purchasing the books through the link below, would be appreciated.

If there is anything else (product and/or category) that you would like to see added, please let me know, by replying to the tread below.

Thank You.

Talk.electricianforum.co.uk assosiates programme (with amazon.co.uk)

Un-pinned as link no longer works (well, it was 12 years ago)

Last edited by a moderator:
Admin - is it any books from Amazon through the link or just the electrical ones on your link?
Just the ones in the link.

Let me know what you would (if any) like to see added, Mate.

Just a quick one to add as I don't see it on your list and it comes as part of the T4TS reference material.

Essential Electrics - Construction Industry Training Board (CITB)

Some good explanations on basic theory etc

A bit slow to be honest. The material is fine but I'm past ready for my first practical and best part way through the next part. The way things are at the moment I'm gonna have to take two weeks off work to do the first practicals then take another 2 weeks straight after for the coming practicals. That aside it appears as though they cover everything that you need and provide everything neccessary and the course tutors are very helpful.

Ordered the Electrician's Guide to Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems.

Not sure if its possible to add BS5839 to the list?

Im currently in full time employment but over the next couple of years would like to look into going self employed with an emphasis on fire alarm design & commision...therefor i figure i need to start learning the regs inside out now.

Hello all,I have put together a "Forum associate programme with amazon.co.uk" to purchase any books that you require for learning / reference to, etc.

On some books, - I don't know which ones, the forum should receive a little commission?!

Your support, by purchasing the books through the link below, would be appreciated.

If there is anything else (product and/or category) that you would like to see added, please let me know, by replying to the tread below.

Thank You.

Talk.electricianforum.co.uk assosiates programme (with amazon.co.uk)
I know it's an old thread, but what about updating the shop to the BGB etc?

Does the forum not get support form this shop?

I did e-mail Amaozon; quite some time ago on how to upgrade it, but they never replied.

So if there is someone out there that knows. PM me please. :)