Electrical installation NVQ

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jc1996

Reaction score
Hi guys I hope this is the right section for this post. I was looking for a-bit of advice regarding experience and training. I’ve been in electrical maintenance for almost 5 years now. My qualification is engineering maintenance electrical NVQ 3. I’m also studying towards a HNC in electrical engineering. I feel like I lack experience in electrical installations and testing although I have also completed my test and inspection. I feel like I’m in a difficult place at the moment as I know I can do the work just lack confidence. I’ve tried reaching out to people to get more installations and testing experience unpaid and managed to get a day testing but it’s been a struggle.
I guess my ultimate goal is to be one of these electricians that can turn there hand to anything.

Sorry for the long post, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, when you say inspection and testing do you mean you've completed a 2391? I'm assuming so and my advice would depend on how available you are for work. I'd say to get the experience you're after you need to dive in. Any company worth their salt will buddy you up with someone more experienced initially and there are plenty of employers looking for electricians to do EICR's and rental property and general domestic repair work which would be a way in to building your confidence up. Just one suggestion

I’m based in Surrey. I have completed the 2391 but that was back in 2017. Thank you again for your responses

Locked to prevent being resurrected

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.