Electrical Science Test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couleddie

Reaction score
Try to keep this short. Getting funding (hopefully) from Business Link for courses yet to be confirmed. I've explained to them that i've had a lot of practical experience but no official training. They spoke to a lecturer at my local college who said he'd be happy to accept me on a course as I have many years self-taught experience. However he mentioned that i'd need to take an electrical science test. I've always been aware of the theoretical element of electricity but i've never delved any further into it as it was never necessary. Now that i've decided to turn a lifelong interest into something more productive i'm thinking that I need to gain more understanding of those strange symbols and graphs.

Can anyone shed any light on what I can expect and any advice and/or sources for info. I'm already thumbing my way through the 17th edition and actually realising I understand a fair amount of it. The theory bit scares me a bit though.

Thanks. Lucky I finished reading the Yellow Pages last night. Now I have some more bedtime reading! :D

hi there.

Not sure whats involved in this test, but i've got an onc, hnc and degree in electrical/electronic engineering - although that was a few years ago and a few pints have been drunk since! :) lol

hi there. Not sure whats involved in this test, but i've got an onc, hnc and degree in electrical/electronic engineering - although that was a few years ago and a few pints have been drunk since! :) lol
Are you just showing off there rather than helping DD? ;)

Yes ;)

LOL

I will try and help where I can, just not sure what level the questions will be at.

D.

Can I just add, do not let the theory scare you, as it is not that difficult really.

It's just like learning another language if you have not done any of that kind of maths before, deep breaths, no tearing out of hair. Just relax, listen, read & understand.

I will gladly try to answer any queries that you may have if I can.

In fact, there are quite a few of us on here that between us are sure to answer any of your questions.

Regards Nige.