Electrical twin socket in the kitchen

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrical socket

Reaction score
Hi - I have one twin socket in the kitchen that is not working. The left switch cannot be turned off and the right switch appears ok. I have checked a mains tester that suggests left socket ok but right is missing neutral! Do I just need a replacement socket? Bungalow re-wired 6yrs a go and the socket has been fine until yesterday. Thanks

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the one the kettle is on, or some other high wattage appliance.  Buy a quality replacement, not a cheapy.

I would concur with Sir Geoff's summary quoted above! 

Basically DONT go buying a cheap unbranded replacement double socket from Home-Bargain or Wilkinson or Poundland etc.. etc.. etc..

Guinness

Hi - I have one twin socket in the kitchen that is not working. The left switch cannot be turned off and the right switch appears ok. I have checked a mains tester that suggests left socket ok but right is missing neutral! Do I just need a replacement socket? Bungalow re-wired 6yrs a go and the socket has been fine until yesterday. Thanks
Don't put yourself at risk. Replace it immediately with a good branded one.

Latest posts