electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daffy

Reaction score
afternoon all, most impressed with your forum. I have been a spark for nearly 30 years i have been in the TV industry for the last 20 odd years working for the BBC in the studios and on the road. Well redundancy is looming I have kept my hand in over the years doing a bit of domestic, passed my 2391 last summer and got my 17th in June, Looks like its back to full time sparking for me trouble is not sure which way to go, back to contracting game or chance setting up on my own in the domestic game, Part P sounds a pain but I suppose its the only way, anyway if anyone wants info on the TV/ lighting game only to glad to help

Good Afternoon, Daffy.

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the Redundancy looming. :(

Hia daffy welcome to the forum, as you have probably read on here, we have alot of sparkies from alot of different areas of the arena which is really good.

In answer to your question about setting up on your own,

Have you contacted local employers about work? and if you have does it pay to work for them, or would it be better financially to kick your own firm off in your view?

Regards

Andy

Welcome to the loony bin my friend.

Self employed was the best thing I could have done, personally. I`d like to branch out into lecturing; but not sure of the best way into that side of it.

I may wish to pick your brains in the future.

Martyn

Welcome to the loony bin my friend. Self employed was the best thing I could have done, personally. I`d like to branch out into lecturing; but not sure of the best way into that side of it.

I may wish to pick your brains in the future.

Martyn
Hi Daffy nice to have you in the house

Km

Last year i was looking to work on site just for a bit of industrial/commercial experience and i went looking at the jobcentre web site.

There were jobs advertised for lecturers on there

just a thought

afternoon all, most impressed with your forum. I have been a spark for nearly 30 years i have been in the TV industry for the last 20 odd years working for the BBC in the studios and on the road. Well redundancy is looming I have kept my hand in over the years doing a bit of domestic, passed my 2391 last summer and got my 17th in June, Looks like its back to full time sparking for me trouble is not sure which way to go, back to contracting game or chance setting up on my own in the domestic game, Part P sounds a pain but I suppose its the only way, anyway if anyone wants info on the TV/ lighting game only to glad to help
Hello too Daffy. Sorry also to hear about the impending redundancy but all the ex-BBC engineers I mat made more money working as an outside contractor for the Beeb then in it!

Perhaps you should set up a consultancy and just do your old job for them again but charge then 10 times as much!

Anyhow welcome aboard. I do electrics for venues so have had to muck about with the source 4's and frennel's too!

afternoon all, most impressed with your forum. I have been a spark for nearly 30 years i have been in the TV industry for the last 20 odd years working for the BBC in the studios and on the road.
Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa... :D whooooooooooooooppieeee!!! :D

Does this mean were all going to be on Telly?????

I may need to go and ask WW for permission to wear my Sunday best...

please please please let me have a go at working the camera! :)

and then let me read the news and say.. "hello mum... I'm on the telly!"

"and now heres tomorrows weather"..

Welcome to the mad house m8...

remember once you are in.. its very hard to get back out] :) ]:)

Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa... :D whooooooooooooooppieeee!!! :D Does this mean were all going to be on Telly?????

I may need to go and ask WW for permission to wear my Sunday best...

please please please let me have a go at working the camera! :)

and then let me read the news and say.. "hello mum... I'm on the telly!"

"and now heres tomorrows weather"..

Welcome to the mad house m8...

remember once you are in.. its very hard to get back out] :) ]:)
so whats the weather then ????????? do i leave my tufts of hair on my head or do i bic it?????? cmon mr weatherman

And WELCOME daffy oops i did come to say hello but speclocs killing me in the postings heheeeeeheeee

not 4 long

]:)

A big welcome and an even bigger sorry to hear your sad news, my bro in law has just started at the beeb, he's training to be an electrician, strange that?

Hello sir. Your prob better off without the beeb mate, their programmes are rubbish anyway!!!!!

Hello sir. Your prob better off without the beeb mate' date=' their programmes are rubbish anyway!!!!![/quote']
A big welcome and an even bigger sorry to hear your sad news, my bro in law has just started at the beeb, he's training to be an electrician, strange that?
Hello sir. Your prob better off without the beeb mate' date=' their programmes are rubbish anyway!!!!![/quote']
Thanks for all the welcomes
Thanks for all the welcomes
too many repeats!? ]:) ] :) ]:)

THE BEEB!!! :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O