Electrition didn't provided the certificate

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

ukskim

Reaction score
Hi,
I don't know where to start. Long story to short.
I am living on Australia and had to rewire the house last year.
I've found the electriction on the web and we agreed the amount of £3000 for job but once he started he asked for another £2000.
I needed the job done to rent out the property but he never finish the job nor provided certificate.

So i had to re-hire the job done and paid the cost again.

The reason he wan't able to the job was he got hurt hos back and no workers' available because of Covid.

Since i am abroad he said he will pay back some money but he never did and it's been over 6 months now.

Can anyone help me what can i do

Thanks,
S. Kim

Fleeting

Reaction score
What has the person you rehired provide in certification.

Luckyboy

Reaction score
I'd be looking to take them to a small claims court. I would've hoped you have some details of the original "electrician" which hasn't refunded you, company name, personal name, contact number, bank details etc. etc.

By the way, we prefer to be called ELECTRICIANS :) or is he called an electrition because he isn't one? 😆

ukskim

Reaction score
I'd be looking to take them to a small claims court. I would've hoped you have some details of the original "electrician" which hasn't refunded you, company name, personal name, contact number, bank details etc. etc.

By the way, we prefer to be called ELECTRICIANS :) or is he called an electrition because he isn't one? 😆
Yes, I have all the details you’ve mentioned above and I will check what I need to do taking him small claims court. Thank you for your advice and I will make sure to use ‘electrician. Hehehe.