Elv lights tripping Mcb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New board fitted 6A mcb 4 x 50w elv lights trip breaker if other lights are on,

other lights are Low Energy 2 x 26w with ionisers in built.

Surge on startup perhaps ? your thoughts guys please .

I do have the option to put this on a 10 Amp type B if i have to. :(

are the neutrals connected to the correct side in the new board ?

Evening Sirsparkabit, You say they are ELV lamps, are you using a traditional wound transformer, A toroidal or electronics.

Wound trannies will trip MCBs with the inrush when you switch on. fit a Type C 10a.

Deke

Evening Sirsparkabit, You say they are ELV lamps, are you using a traditional wound transformer, A toroidal or electronics.Woun0a.d trannies will trip MCBs with the inrush when you switch on. fit a Type C 10a.

Deke
would concur.

Evening all here is an update,

The Rat who fitted the trannie needs kneecapping - X(

I pulled down the four downlighters today, wondering when the trannie would come into view ready to drop into my hand.

Well not a chance the plonker who installed it has placed it in the middle of the ceiling (painted T +G ) and the floor above is a tiled bathroom one. :_|

Unluckily for me it is the house i bought in february:_|

Even worse i have been testing out today as a possible job for my reassesment in the morning,as most of my work is to far away for the assessor. :|

I suppose i can discuss the many faults i have found today and this place was proffesionaly wired (alledgedly ). X(

On a brighter note the tripping only occured twice on the kitchen lights and has'ent tripped since. :)

Good morning mr assessor tea, coffee, and heres my story.Blushing