emergency lighting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norv

Reaction score
Received some drgs today for some changes to the wiring of a small ground floor & first floor office. Most of the light fittings on the drg have a big 'E' next to them which says they are 'proposed emergency cat2 twin batten light fittings'. Then there are lights for the toilets which are shown as a big 'E' with a circle round it which definately needs to be emergency twin batten light fittings.

My question is, can the proposed emergency light fittings be these - http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Lighting_Menu_Index/Lighting_Fluorescent_Index/Modular_Fittings/index.html

and what 'maintained' light fittings could I use for the toilets ?

What else should I consider, key switches, or wouldnt these be required. Nothing on the drg ??

AFAIK; the EM fittings should be self-contained; in which case the answer would be no m8.

However; others on here have more experience in this area than I, maybe one of them will be able to advise further.

HTH

KME

I have never had any probs fitting E lights with remote batt packs(distance within reason(couple of metres)), and on govt jobs.!

and i would think yes a key sw would be necessary, just put it beside the CU, with the phase looped through it.

you can get a 'pizza' type fitting for the toilets, 2D type enclosed, maintained.

or the plain old brick type with a recessed kit, actually dont look too bad once fitted.

Latest posts