Equipment recommendations for shed/caravan set up

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulTheOtherOne

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've just received my Novopal 2000w (4000w surge) psw inverter earlier today. I was advised that it would be sufficient capacity for all of my own power tools, a light strip, ebike battery charger and a small beer fridge in the shed so went ahead with the purchase.

Now, having lived in the UK my entire life I'm certain that a hybrid solar and wind system is the better option due to the drab and seemingly endless long nights of the autumn and winter seasons.

The next piece of equipment I'm considering adding is a hybrid mppt charge controller. I'm finding the internet a complete minefield. These controllers are somewhat obscure and those I've seen look as if the specs were translated from Chinese by a drunken Scotsman. I can't trust that kind of product even if it does look all shiny and full of gimmicks. Reliability and value for money is key for me. Do I even need a hybrid or can I combine separate solar/wind into the same system?

So, any recommendations, suggestions or other options would be really helpful. To give an idea of size I'm gradually going to be adding up to 3 x 200w panels and a 1000w turbine over the the next couple of months.

Thanks in advance