Everything has gone Small...:(

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

Honorary Life Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

All the text and Icons, everything infact - has gone small on my PC.

I have tried the " hold down CTRL and use the wheel of the mouse", I have right clicked and tried that way.

I have tried the "View" > Text Size > from Medium - Large, but it isn't having any effect.

What else could it be and how do I overcome it please?

Regards,

Welshy. ?:|

Hi, if you have not already sorted it, then what you can try is to right click on the desktop, in the drop down menu click on properties if you are using windows XP.

Then display, alter your display settings by either moving the slider down 800x600 for example, apply and then click on ok.

This should put your text and Icons back to a larger setting.

Also You can alter the icon size from the start menu, again right click- properties and you will see an icon size pick a larger one if this is not already selected.

I think that's right doing this of the top of my head as I am using windows Vista.

If not come back to me and i will turn a windows Xp machine on and recheck it..

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your help. I can't seem to get the "Drop down" menus etc that you mention. :(

I am running Windows XP . :(

I did right click and selected... Settings> Advanced> DPI Settings> Large.

The text still appears to be small and so does the pages when I clck on them (width wise).

?:|

Thanks again for your help and Welcoe to the forum.

Ok, if you are still having problems, then right click as before then properties-settings,advanced, make sure that apply the new settings without starting is 'ticked' click ok, this should take you back to the settings screen,

where the resolution slider is try sliding it down towards less, if you are running a crt monitor rather than the newer LCd monitors then you propbably want 800x600, click apply and the OK.

See if this makes any difference.

If not then it may be your monitor settings, most have buttons on the front to adjust screen size colour etc, older CRT monitors had them as rolling knobs sometimes under the front bottom of the monitor.

If none of this works or if you want to try this first, then if you can remeber roughly when this happened you can do a system restore that puts the computer back to the state it was in before the fault.

To do this go to start then search,click on all files and folders, type in system restore in the text box , then click on search.

When system restore comes up in the search box click on it and then follow instructions, basically a couple of warning notices and then picking a system restore date just before the problem occured.

It takes a few minutes and has to restart the computer, you do not lose any emails, documents or work that you have on the computer , so you do not have to worry about losing anyhting you have done since the problen occurred.

Pm me if you ned any other help.

Alan

Hi Alan, Thanks for your help.

I have a 19" LCD Monitor.

I managed to get the text size back on most of the pages, but there is still one or two pages where the text and page width is small.

I have to get ready for college, so I will pop back on Tonight.

Thanks Again,

Best Wishes,

Welshy.