Extending 6mm T&E

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian932

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good joint system for extending a 6mm T&E the joint will not be accesible for servicing so it needs to meet the recuirements of section 526 othe the 17th, thanks

I can tell you what 90 % of other blokes would do , a 30 amp JB and be done with it !!

Whats section 526 then ?

Lets face it , crimps could go wrong, so-called chockblocks are just connectors in a Tupperware box. the only sure way is to solder them if you are really that concerned.

Well to be truthful 90% are wrong then! JB's (unless they are the new non-maintenance versions) need to be accessible.

Fully agree with the soldering idea though. Better than crimping in the long run!

what cable size can you use the yellow crimps on? Do they have a power rating ?

they are for 4 to 6mm cable, but dont know if there is a power rating. presumably they can take the full load of 6mm cable plus a bit more maybee.

I use yellow crimps alot where I work and we use yellow inline crimps on 30A breakers, using 6mm

No they dontyou put them in the grey box job done

http://wagobox.com/

quick and easy ,,,did a job extending 6 ccts under floorboards took me no time really
These look like the business cheers for that Theory, much better then messing about with crimps etc. I'd happly spend the clients money on these and save me time as well Applaud Smiley

Well to be truthful 90% are wrong then! JB's (unless they are the new non-maintenance versions) need to be accessible.Fully agree with the soldering idea though. Better than crimping in the long run!
What are these " New non mainenance joints) I've not heard of them Pray

Ah, right... I use them a lot .. what makes them " No maintenance " Surely anything mechanical can go wrong ?
the push fit ones grip the cable and wont come out if pulled

normal jb's .....the screws will work loose