extension leads

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally83

Reaction score
Hello All,

My company has recently had 2 new portacablins put in. One of which i being used an office. In this office there are 4 computers, printers, monitors etc not to mention the fridge, radio and various other electrical items I cant think of just now and very llittle sockets to plug these into.

The occupiers of the office have taken it upon themselves to jam pack the footspace of their desks with 4 gang extensions, something I cant stand.

I would like to add some extra sockets to the circuit but this could mean have 3 doubles in a row in some places.

Is there any ther way of getting round this or am I going to just leave them with their 4 gang extentions???

Bits a bit of a cheeky way round it but why not replace the single and double sockets with these?

I work within the pub trade.

And for us and also i believe all commercial premises,ie offices,shop etc.

Extension leads are a big no no. Due to loose cable and possible overloading of sockets.

Best Iv'e had is. In a pub cellar the landlord had plugged 2x 8 out extension leads into one socket to run both his beer coolers and all his pub auido equipment.

then put a call in because his box kept tripping.hmmmm wonder why.

The amount of shocks ive received from poxy ext' leads,i'm lucky to be breathing still-let me just check...........yep i am.....

So IMHO no ext' leads

Hello All,My company has recently had 2 new portacablins put in. One of which i being used an office. In this office there are 4 computers, printers, monitors etc not to mention the fridge, radio and various other electrical items I cant think of just now and very llittle sockets to plug these into.

The occupiers of the office have taken it upon themselves to jam pack the footspace of their desks with 4 gang extensions, something I cant stand.

I would like to add some extra sockets to the circuit but this could mean have 3 doubles in a row in some places.

Is there any ther way of getting round this or am I going to just leave them with their 4 gang extentions???
I hope those ext cables have been PAT tested :D :D:D

Hello All,My company has recently had 2 new portacablins put in. One of which i being used an office. In this office there are 4 computers, printers, monitors etc not to mention the fridge, radio and various other electrical items I cant think of just now and very llittle sockets to plug these into.

nothing wrong with several doubles in a row connected correctly to the fixed wiring! :)

far better than loads of extn leads.. :| :eek:

553-01-07 (old money) 553.1.7 (new money) comes into play here me thinks?????:|B)

:^O :^O:^O:^ODon`t be a wuss.

Sparx only need 4 hours of sleep. Continual proximity to live conductors provides the extra energy. :D :D:D:D
Thats my missus tonite !!!!

im hiding in my shed

Still alive just !!!!might turn into a monster later when i get up :(
Are you sure m8?

take a look down at your left leg?

it looks mighty pumpkin like to me! ?:|

its started.... :_|

remember the fairy godmother said be back by midnight....

but if you do manage to get back before 1:00am...

it will only be the left-hand side of your body that changes! :eek:

And you know the only cure is to give steptoe a kiss under a full moon! ]:) ] :)

you have been warned.!X( X(

Thats my missus tonite !!!!im hiding in my shed
Are you sure m8?take a look down at your left leg?

it looks mighty pumpkin like to me! ?:|

its started.... :_|

remember the fairy godmother said be back by midnight....

but if you do manage to get back before 1:00am...

it will only be the left-hand side of your body that changes! :eek:

And you know the only cure is to give steptoe a kiss under a full moon! ]:) ] :)

you have been warned.!X( X(
WIZZER! WIZZER!!!!!!!!

I`m cured! Let me out!! I`ll be good

I think Steptoe was down here today

in his white van asking if i had any scrap metal/washing machines and of course the unwanted stripped cable

He even posted a flyer thru the door last nite !!!

i suppose it was nice of them to let me know they were coming to nick it

not as bad as the recycling centre ,,, they were looking in the back of my van today at the scraps !!!

OK....

7.00a.m. is looming; and I have a busy day today.

b4 I go, this was texted to me today:

Binman knocks on chinaman`s door.

"Where`s your bin?" asks binman

"I bin to toilet", chinaman replies,

"Where`s your dustbin?" the binman tries again.

"I dust bin for a wee wee." says chinaman.

Binman losing patience. Tries once more:

"Where`s your wheelie bin?"

Chinaman says:

"OK. I wheelie bin for a wa nk"

Time for bed after that one !!!! :|
Correction...

should have been time for bed BEFORE that one!! :^O :^O:^O:^O

g-night peoples....

I cant stop up all night talking like some of you no good layabouts who don't need to go and earn a few penny's! :D :D] :)

Correction...should have been time for bed BEFORE that one!! :^O :^O:^O:^O

g-night peoples....

I cant stop up all night talking like some of you no good layabouts who don't need to go and earn a few penny's! :D :D] :)
I wonder where that little missile-like quote is aimed?????

Hmmmm. I dunno!! ; \ ; \ ; \ ; \

Night, John boys.