External supply and location of CU

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Nat, Andyc has answered your questions to me , But I still think 10mm SWA is overkill. I don't think you have a volt-drop problem ( not done any calcs) so the way I look at things is :- Two sheds in garden , probable load = a 100w lamp in each shed and an electric mower once a week, unless client has indicated anything else. 10mm SWA rated at approx. 66amps...6mm SWA rated at 48amps..... 4mm rated at 37amps...... 2.5mm rated at 29amps. I know which one I would pick.

A metalclad C/U in the shed will let you gland your SWA directly to it.

I don't know any domestic C/Us that have 20mm knockouts for SWA .

The switch shown by Andyc is the one I'm thinking of.

Sorry I don't really know how to post photos and links onto the forum.

Deke

another option is these. but note the delivered thing is slightly different, and has screw heads rather than hex
Andy, these look good! So just put in the cables and put it in a box then?v:D Job done - thank you.

Andy, these look good! So just put in the cables and put it in a box then?v:D Job done - thank you.
the 10mm only has 2 screws - bit like a terminal block but without the plastic cover. the 16mm has 4 screws, and will take 4-16mm. there designed more for resin joints, but once joined you can insulate them with rubber tape and stick them in an enclosure. you can also get branch joints if you wanted to take a feed elsewhere