External WiFi or access point ?

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

Reaction score
Customer wants broadband in their new garden office.

running CAT 5 means about 70 meters of cable due to the lawn, garage and house positions so I’m wondering about an external WiFi or access point - which would be about 30 meters in a straight line

ive not installed anything like this so looking for pointers / recommendations

thanks

Sparksfly

Reaction score

running CAT 5 means about 70 meters of cable due to the lawn, garage and house positions so I’m wondering about an external WiFi or access point - which would be about 30 meters in a straight line

thanks
I have always recommended customers to run a cat5 cable in duct/pipe, same trench as Swa as a back up. Is the supply already in or clipped.?

Reaction score
I have always recommended customers to run a cat5 cable in duct/pipe, same trench as Swa as a back up. Is the supply already in or clipped.?

The supply has just been run in and the gardeners have back filled 50% of the height of the trench!

I'm just pondering options - its the visibility of the cable around 50% of the outside of the house I'm trying to give the customer options on.

binky

eco warrior......™
Reaction score

thanks
I've installed wifi aerials for CCTV cameras, they do work.

michael8554

Reaction score
Too late now, but aren't there cables for smart EVSE's that include a couple of CAT twisted-pairs in the bundle ?

Latest posts