extras

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan.

Reaction score
how do you lot price up extras after you have started the work?eg rewire with say 8 double sockets customer then ask for 3 more.whats the goin rate for a double socket anyway while im on the subject?do you base it on per point price or how long it will take plus parts basis.?

how do you lot price up extras after you have started the work?eg rewire with say 8 double sockets customer then ask for 3 more.whats the goin rate for a double socket anyway while im on the subject?do you base it on per point price or how long it will take plus parts basis.?
That`s me :)

Don`t like the "50 quid per double socket" route - I feel like I`m robbing some people, where it`s as easy as can be....... ; \

The same way you priced up the original work!

how much did you charge for original quantity of sockets?

If the job is already in progress & you have got all your materials sorted..

If you then need an extra trip to the wholesalers to pick up more kit this must also be built into your costs..

my original quotes would have included sufficient costings to allow for my time & fuel, organising & collecting materials..

Extra trips cuz I forget something are cost taken from my profit margin! :_|

But extra trips because the customer changes the spec would need to be covered by someone?... Not ME! :D :p

As a rough ball park figure I would typically add an extra 3/4 hour per additional accessory + materials..

obviously if you have a tricky cable run to reach an awkward accessory position this must also be accounted for.

But also if its adjacent to and existing point with only 2foot of cable needed then obviously can be lot cheaper.. maybe just the materials covered! marginal extra labour cost, complimentary as a gesture of goodwill in the hope of extra work! :) :D

Mr Location you return :D
Mr virgin...

Spoke to Mr BT...

and fiddled with some bits at my local exchange on the other end of my Broadband!!

and after a week of no surfing! :_|

I can now wax my board again and catch those waves!!! :) :D

oops.. wrong surfing:|

But I am back on line:xGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Look at each one seperately. I don't like the

Hammer them for as much as you can get:^O

Let`s face it,you are rewiring the whole house so they probably aint gonna need you again in a hurry so cream it while you can;)