Failed C&G planning and prep 3 times?? Help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vasquez

Reaction score
Hey there.

Im on my second year of my 2330 qualification and ive passed every exam up to now with a credit.

But with this exam the planning and preperation i have failed 3 times..... and i'm not even allowed to re-do it or carry on with my 206 exam.

Basically i have to re-sit the whole second year due to this.

I feel like i've been treated unfairly.

The planning and prep is basically.

Tools and materials list.

Circuit and wiring diagram for a ring main + 1 spur

circuit and wiring diagram for 2 way lighting circuit.

risk assesment

safe isolation procedure

I have complated all of them except having trouble with the wiring diagram for the lighting circuit.

I failed because apparently i was using using the "wrong" wiring diagram for the lighting, although it worked, the first time i failed was because i was using the celing rose method.

Then i had 30 mins to re-correct my mistake, so i used the "feed to common on switch 1 then + strappers to switch 2, then from switch 2 out from common on switch 2 to celing rose.

This was correct, but i failed on my second re-attempt due to not writing the exact size swa glands that i needed. ...

so i needed to completly resit the whole of the planning exam, wasnt allowed to know what i had done wrong, wasnt allowed any advice to do with what i'd done wrong and how i can rectify it so i can pass.

So i re-did it a 3rd time! .... And not knowing what i did wrong in my second attempt (still not knowing whether my wiring diagram for my lights was right, since i wasnt allowed to look at my paper)

I did the extension method for my lights.

So basically the 3 different methods i used all worked, but my teachers excuse for failing me 3 times was because i didnt use the correct method for exam, although on my second attempt i did except i forgot to label the size SWA glands i'd need....

Am i right in feeling that i have been treated unfairly?

I am a bit gutted now, since i cannot complete the 206 exam this year and need to completely redo the whole of my second year because of this, although i have passed my 203, 204 and 205 exam this year.

What can i do lol?

Have you upset your tutor lol? Ffs I'd write letter to c&g explaining your grievences as from what you said sounds a bit unfair unless you've upset someone badly. Good luck anyways .

And a letter to your College Princaple too.

What is your E-mail address Mate? PM it to me.

You can fail more than three times, but you have to pay for re-sits. But what you are saying you have failed are not actual exams - it is the paperwork side of the 206. And Yes, that is a part of the overall mark and pass of the Practical too.

When I done my 206 there was 2 guys in the class that were struggling to put their diagrams together . Our tutor really pulled out the stops to get them through which they did . We was lucky to have a tutor which took personal pride in seeing people acheive . Needless to say we all completed lvl 2 successfully thanks to a tutor that did His job very well . :)

Kick up a stink , sounds like the teacher is being a cock. He is supposed to be there to help and guide you.