Fakes

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

Nicky Tesla

Reaction score
I was talking to someone the other day and they said that on a recent job they were fitting merlin gerin mcbs, and they dropped one of them and it broke into pieces, revealing that there was just a steel bar from the incoming terminal to the outgoing terminal, in other words they were fakes.

Has anyone seem something like this?

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I was talking to someone the other day and they said that on a recent job they were fitting merlin gerin mcbs, and they dropped one of them and it broke into pieces, revealing that there was just a steel bar from the incoming terminal to the outgoing terminal, in other words they were fakes.Has anyone seem something like this?
Apparently, on a different make - Yes.

The Godfather

Retired
Reaction score
I was talking to someone the other day and they said that on a recent job they were fitting merlin gerin mcbs, and they dropped one of them and it broke into pieces, revealing that there was just a steel bar from the incoming terminal to the outgoing terminal, in other words they were fakes.Has anyone seem something like this?
No problem with nuisance overload tripping then.

Best keep a fire extinguisher on hand.

Don

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Reaction score
Bit more info if anyone interested??

http://www.voltimum.co.uk/news/9428/infopro.whatsnew.brand/Counterfeiting-Alert.html

Just noticed it again on my favourites..

(keep getting their e-mail bulletins come through..

And I actually highlight & save one or two now & again !: O)

Think this was the link...

or very similar... that slipshod highlighted in his post.

No harm in repeating.. well worth been aware of..

in case you missed it first time. ;)

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score