fault finding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyman 72

Reaction score
can anyone give me some tips on fault finding for my AM2 test please. i hear you only get a continuity tester to test with so hopefully they wont be too hard. i hear its the written part of the test describing the faults that is the tricky bit. any tips please? ?:|

Aww Bless, Have we all overlooked this thread?

can anyone give me some tips on fault finding for my AM2 test please. i hear you only get a continuity tester to test with so hopefully they wont be too hard. i hear its the written part of the test describing the faults that is the tricky bit. any tips please? ?:|
I`ve seen the post guys; but haven`t done the AM2; which makes it a bit diffo to comment. Sorry.

KME

I`ve seen the post guys; but haven`t done the AM2; which makes it a bit diffo to comment. Sorry.KME
I would ditto KME's post as well!

I don't know what AM2 is either? ?:|

be interested to know though........ :|

but as andyman2 said that "you only get a continuity tester to test with so hopefully they wont be too hard."

I assumed this is somewhere at the early stages of ye modern electrical training! ?:|

is is part of a C&G or NVQ ???

It probably needed someone who has done or is doin training more recent than us older senile bods who could pick up and answer it? :(

It's an advanced course AFTER qualifying as a spark, if my memory services me correctly?

After your C&G 2330 (levels 2 & 3) You can gain the 17th Edition (C&G 2382-10 or -20) then gain your Inspection & Testing Qualification (C&G 2392-10 or 20) Next it is onto the NVQ Level 2, once you have that you do the NVQ 3 (AM2) complete with the AM2 Practical Testing Certificate and the NVQ Level 2 will qualify you as an 'Approved Electrician' and JIB (Joint Industry Board) rates of pay.

Where would you be without me? :D

After your C&G 2330 (levels 2 & 3) You can gain the 17th Edition (C&G 2382-10 or -20) then gain your Inspection & Testing Qualification (C&G 2392-10 or 20) Next it is onto the NVQ Level 2, once you have that you do the NVQ 3 (AM2) complete with the AM2 Practical Testing Certificate and the NVQ Level 2 will qualify you as an 'Approved Electrician' and JIB (Joint Industry Board) rates of pay.
Where would you be without me? :D
Lost? :^O

OK, The C&G 2330, 2382-10 & the 2391-10 are replacements for the old C&G 236, 2381 & the 2391, Respectively.

Is that any easier?

After your C&G 2330 (levels 2 & 3) You can gain the 17th Edition (C&G 2382-10 or -20) then gain your Inspection & Testing Qualification (C&G 2392-10 or 20) Next it is onto the NVQ Level 2, once you have that you do the NVQ 3 (AM2) complete with the AM2 Practical Testing Certificate and the NVQ Level 2 will qualify you as an 'Approved Electrician' and JIB (Joint Industry Board) rates of pay.Where would you be without me? :D
When i qualified this was called The Electricians certificate.

I remember talking to a lecturer about the AM2. He said it was a "Tough Test" and down our neck of the woods, would cost approx

Just to expand this thread a touch more...

and to en lighting my curiosity and limited knowledge of AM2....

I remember talking to a lecturer about the AM2. He said it was a "Tough Test" and down our neck of the woods, would cost approx

NO, on my understanding of it on enquiring before i returned to England the

'A'cheivement 'M'easurement '2' test is merely to ensure you have the relevant skills to undertake installation work of your own.

if you or me for instance required certified to the same standard then we would be required to provide relevant references from a suitable source,

ie, employers or contractors or clients for a suitable time span before our application and relating to electrical installation and our experience.

Ive tried to basically transcript this in a short version and include the important bits,

HTH.

Albert

NO, on my understanding of it on enquiring before i returned to England the 'A'cheivement 'M'easurement '2' test is merely to ensure you have the relevant skills to undertake installation work of your own.

if you or me for instance required certified to the same standard then we would be required to provide relevant references from a suitable source,

ie, employers or contractors or clients for a suitable time span before our application and relating to electrical installation and our experience.

Ive tried to basically transcript this in a short version and include the important bits,

HTH.

Albert
Well there you go!

learn something every day! :)

thanks Mr S'

you even answered my other question...

wot I forgot to write in me previous post..

What does the 'AM' bit stand for?

I reckon you must be psychic! ; \

have a good bank holiday weekend m8... :) :)

sorry not been on for a while, yep passed the AM2 as one of you mentioned it cost me just short of a grand.............. hopefully get it back in no time now.

just done the 17th as well so i am trying to keep up with you boys.

and to just top it all off i am about 5 weeks into my 2391 ( talk about biting it all at once my head is a bit mashed) will love it if anyone has any help info they could share.

thanks again guys for your support

sorry not been on for a while, yep passed the AM2 as one of you mentioned it cost me just short of a grand.............. hopefully get it back in no time now.just done the 17th as well so i am trying to keep up with you boys.

and to just top it all off i am about 5 weeks into my 2391 ( talk about biting it all at once my head is a bit mashed) will love it if anyone has any help info they could share.

thanks again guys for your support
No need to apologise m8...

Looks like you've been far to busy to even look at a PC..

let alone post on the forum! :D

Best of luck with your 2391!

In some ways cramming a lot though a short period of time can be better..

cuz you are still in a studying frame of mind..

It can sometimes be harder, or take longer, to get your head back round study & exams when you haven't done any for a few years! :|

Just dive in ... enjoy it... worst case scenario is you have to do a re-sit later!

Which in the whole realm of things in the "bigger picture" isn't much of a problem. :)

No need to apologise m8...Looks like you've been far to busy to even look at a PC..

let alone post on the forum! :D

Best of luck with your 2391!

In some ways cramming a lot though a short period of time can be better..

cuz you are still in a studying frame of mind..

It can sometimes be harder, or take longer, to get your head back round study & exams when you haven't done any for a few years! :|

Just dive in ... enjoy it... worst case scenario is you have to do a re-sit later!

Which in the whole realm of things in the "bigger picture" isn't much of a problem. :)
Sound Advice there, as always, Specs.

:)