'fault' local to bedside table...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superwol

Reaction score
good morning gents

just had a phone call from my brother who is staying somewhere in norfolk this weekend with a strange little problem. he swears he's not winding me up and i can't for the life of me figure out what is going on

in one of the bedrooms of the house the table lamp on one side of the bed intermittently fizzes, blinks and turns itself off for 5 mins before coming back to life again

now the weird part of this is that they have tried this with 3 different fittngs of varying types with different lamps in each of them and they all do the same thing when put on the table. even when they are plugged in from different locations. believe it or not right now the have run an extension lead form next door and the same thing still happens. each lamp is absolutely fine when positioned anywhere else in the house. wtf?

any explanations other than norfolk being a strange place? external influences are to a minimum. there's a panic button next to the table and that's about it. maybe the table's made out of kryptonite....

i've given him the address of this site so he can look up your answers for himself so feel free to call him insane if you like but i'm at a loss to explain it

cheers

Are there are any strange noises or banging going on near the bedside table? ;) :^O :^O:^O

Might be a connection working loose inside the lamp.

any explanations other than norfolk being a strange place?

Norfolk is a Lovely Place - It is the people that live there, that are strange. :^O

Turn the light off.....................................problem solved :^O :^O:^O

I think he`d better call...........

Ghost-busters

Can`t envisage any options other than:

1... Wind up

2... Haunted bedside table. Swap it for the bedside table on the other side of the bed, and see what happens??

I Love Norfolk.

Great Yarmouth is a Lovely Place. :p .

Is it me....... Or does anyone else note a "spooky" connection here??

any explanations other than norfolk being a strange place?

Norfolk is a Lovely Place - It is the people that live there, that are strange. :^O
NFN - normal for norfolkAnd I've moved to norfolk :(
Schitzophrenia anyone?

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

(yes, I KNOW i`ve spelt it wrong, but can`t be bothered to think of the correct one. Guinness IS good!)

I reckon there was an undisclosed Lover..

hiding in the bed...

trying to get Hubby to panic & run off..

Leaving missus alone in the bedroom? ]:) ] :) ]:)

Just a Theory of course..

NOT that "Theory"..

we know he has to be in bed early...

but not that bed! :^O :^O:^O

So why did you capitalise "Theory", if you weren`t accusing OUR Theory??

Shame on you. Just `cause he`s not here to defend himself.

He`s in his fluffy pyjamas, curled up with his thumb in him mouth.

Wizzer just told me. (before you ask).

So why did you capitalise "Theory", if you weren`t accusing OUR Theory??Shame on you. Just `cause he`s not here to defend himself.

He`s in his fluffy pyjamas, curled up with his thumb in him mouth.

Wizzer just told me. (before you ask).
:^O

While he is not here to defend himself, either. :eek:

While he is not here to defend himself, either. :eek:
I am quietly confident that the good Mr Theory is more than capable to defend himself following the sunrise...

when he awakes.. full of vim and vigour for a new day! ; \

That`s YOUR job, isn`t it???? :^O :^O:^O
EH

watch it MR 'K' bloomin 'M' bloomin 'E'...

you is doin that postin.. before some else has posted before you did your post that wasn't there before they posted thing!!!X(X(X(X( X(

GRRR

Weshy....

KME isn't playing nice...

He wont share his toys:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

I am quietly confident that the good Mr Theory is more than capable to defend himself following the sunrise...when he awakes.. full of vim and vigour for a new day! ; \
Who`re Tim and Tigger????

Oops sorry - just re-read.

Who`re Vim & Vigger? Is that like big & bigger, only russian?

Who`re Tim and Tigger????Oops sorry - just re-read.

Who`re Vim & Vigger? Is that like big & bigger, only russian?
Sounds like you need one more beer before bed young sir! :|

your almost still making sense??

or is that me not been able to tell the difference??

I shall open one more can... just to check for scientific purposes of course! :D