Fig 8 T&E

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roys

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mate asked if I could stop by at his daughters house that she has just bought as there was a cable sticking out of the wall with black tape on it, was passing so dropped in, first thing cable was live with just black tape on it. Fed from 32A socket MCB, thing that got me was the profile of the cable is fig 8 with a Brown blue and bare cpc, could not see and BS number on cable in fact no printing at all on cable at all, just 2 feet of white fig 8 cable sticking out of wall.
As I was passing I just made safe by cutting out the plasterboard, sticking a backbox in, terminating cable, and blanking plate it.
Anyone seen fig 8 t&e before as I haven’t.

Attachments

• 37774B41-A219-4790-90BC-1B29E0377DA4.jpeg
    37774B41-A219-4790-90BC-1B29E0377DA4.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 1
Have seen and used figure 8 t&e in the past I think it was IDH ( Irish Driver Harris ) that produced it
Given the markings are normally every metre it is possible that they could be concealed

In South Africa we often get the actual flat twin, the figure of 8 twin and even a figure of 8 twin with love handles. Just seems to depend on the manufacturer.

This is the one with love handles (our installation cable colours are red and black with bare CPC)

untitled2.jpg