Finally found you all

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerWatt

Reaction score
Hi guys (and girls),

Shakey must be popular somewhere along the line, I found this place just by Googling his name.

I was a member of the other forum that has a similar name, but decided to have my account removed after one particular member of the Admin team made ridiculous comments about users online safety if they chose to come here.

It wasn't actually the comments that incensed me, more the fact that I asked him to prove what he was saying and his response was to lock the thread.

Anyway, thats enough of worrying about what the children think.....a little about me.

Got my 236 when I left school (quite some time ago now), grew tired of sparkying and went in to IT (the renumeration was 4 times what a sparky could make).

Have made the jump back to sparkying as there is no money left in IT, mainly because the world and it's mother think they are an IT techie just because they can follow the instructions on a Windows hand holding wizard.

Currently working for a small company in North Hampshire in order to get some hands on in preparation for what seems like a lot of unnecessary paperwork (f**king EU).

That's about it for now.

Hi Killerwatt. :)

We had heard about that quote reguarding this forum! It was quite funny as they both use the same software!

Hello

I was a member there too, but not for long because i don't like them at all.

Welcome NW01, Good to have you onboard.

Hi Killerwatt,i recognise the name from the dark side.Guiness Drink

We had heard about that quote reguarding this forum! It was quite funny as they both use the same software!
The actual claim was "they use free software and shared hosting, both of which put you in serious danger if you visit"

It took me some while to compose a response, mainly because I was pi$$ing myself with laughter. It simply read as nothing more than sour grapes, and the author must have thought his members were total idiots if they were truly going to believe they were in any danger whatsoever.

I was somewhat irked when he had the audacity to infer that I was out of my depth in the world of IT, more so when he thought that I would be impressed with his claim of "I run a few forums".

I also noticed that the offending "sticky", along with the two posts I created on the subject (the second to request deletion) were removed at the same time I was - Now I wonder why that was ;)

PS

The "sticky" that contained the ridiculous claims came about after the rules were revised - and the revision came about after whatever the dispute was with Shakey, et al........hence the sour grapes possibly?

Hi KillerWatt.

We all tried to contact as many people as we could but found out later that Admin were reading our personnel messages. Then all of a sudden there was a mass banning with no reasons given.

I hear that LondonLuke has been banned recently and he defended the Forume when all of it kicked off.

Any how, have a drink Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Must be something you said on here has got back to desperate dan :eek: :_| Guiness Drink
No. I still visit there to see what's going on, can't remember what thread it was.

Think it was one about LondonLuke that I created asking, respectfully, whatever happened to him.

One of the new Moderators, Dave, came out with some comment that I can't remember, telling me to forget about LondonLuke and starting living in the present.

I asked who he was and that I don't recall him getting to know forum members, what with his amazing tally of 41 posts to his name.

Ah well.

Welcome Killerwatt

Dont worry about the other side much more fun & welcoming here.

How far north in Hants are you? I'm just over the way in Berkshire.

No. I still visit there to see what's going on, can't remember what thread it was.Think it was one about LondonLuke that I created asking, respectfully, whatever happened to him.

One of the new Moderators, Dave, came out with some comment that I can't remember, telling me to forget about LondonLuke and starting living in the present.

I asked who he was and that I don't recall him getting to know forum members, what with his amazing tally of 41 posts to his name.

Ah well.
I remember reading that post about Luke, that was the first I was aware there had been a bit of a dispute.

My particular opinion then was that the author was nothing short of being what is known as "power pi$$ed", as well as being an arrogant fool.

Still, C'est la vie.

Welcome KillerwattDont worry about the other side much more fun & welcoming here.

How far north in Hants are you? I'm just over the way in Berkshire.
The company is based in Aldershot mate.

While we're on the subject. Has anyone seen Shakey about recently? Or Cirrus?