Finaly Passed my FICA

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Sparky~

Reaction score
Got my results middle of last week that i passed which i was really happy to see as i was getting a little annoyed i was failing the same part,

1st time was to sit the hole thing and i knew i failed the inspection & testing as i forgot to turn on the MCB's when doing my insulation resistance tests, which means i tested a pice of cable less than a meter long and not the install i done..... was too late by the time i realised :( , then i ran out of time and never had time to carry out live tests, paniced basicly....... Secondly i failed the underpinning knoledge..... to be honest im not good with books, im more of a hands on.....

2nd time was to resit inspection and testing and Underpinning knoledge, done the testing with no problems what so ever and it went really well with 20 mins to spare. Underpinning knoledge.... Harder questions than the 1st time i sat it.... but still i gave it a go...... results through... passed inspection and testing failed underpinning knoledge, GUTTED.

3rd time, underpinning knoledge....... Done what i could..... and i thaught it went well this time..... results through, PASSED

So now i cant wait to get into SELECT and get my SBS done etc

i have one question..... dont know if you can help me tho...... i sat my health and saftey at the beggining of my apprentiship and was told that is all i have to do for the duration of my apprentiship....... my question is.... do i have to do my health and saftey again or do i get this on my grading card when i get it then i sit every 3 years ( i think its 3 years)

Well done mate. :Applaud

There will always be Health & Safety in Every exam that you do. :(

Best Regards,

Admin.