Firkin MSN

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I can no longer set my homepage to google, despite having tried internet options/ control panel etc X(X( X( . Now personnally I hate MSN, can anyone suggest how to restore my Karma :) :) :)

For some reason I can no longer set my homepage to google, despite having tried internet options/ control panel etc X(X( X( . Now personnally I hate MSN, can anyone suggest how to restore my Karma :) :) :)
three of these

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

step back from it..

and wait for someone more knowledgeable to answer your post! :| :)

Can you not just search for it and when up there is option to make it your homepage on screen.

Batty

Binky. are you using Internet Explorer 6 ( :_| ), Internet Explorer 7 ( :( )or another browser (e.g Firefox :) )?

I can post you up instructions on what to do once I know what you are using, or you can pm me and I will try to help you.

In the meantime, do a search for "Hijack This" using any search engine, download it in readiness to help clear out any c**p that might be messing up your settings.

Can't believe there's people out there still using microsoft IE.

Get over to firefox.

Less crashes, less hijacking, safer, easier, more tools and gizmos.

Altogether a better browser.

Go to firefox and download it its free!

Once you've made the change and spent a bit of time changing to the interface you'll never go back and never have these hassles again!

Firefox rocks! Only niggle is that you have to keep IE on the system to access microsoft up-dates and they won't download with Firefox (not really Firefox's fault mind you).

OOHHH like firefox, have given up trying to sort original problem - I think its another microsoft piece of nonsense to direct traffic to MSN, so anything that bypasses that is good by me. Don't think it was spyware or malware Pray - I run the upgraded versions of Ad-aware and AVG (yep I spent money on them :( ) which seem to block most things (except when the missus ignores the warnings cos she's bidding on e-bay X( )

The only thing that really puzzles me is what happened to the 'set ggogle as my homepage' option on the google frontpage - it just wasn't there anymore ?:| ? :| .

The only thing that really puzzles me is what happened to the 'set ggogle as my homepage' option on the google frontpage - it just wasn't there anymore ?:| ? :| .
It's there for me! At the bottom where it usually lives :D

now that your running firefox look at the addins and you'll find 2 major tools: -

1. This tool allows you to switch to the microsoft engine and hence do updates from inside firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

2. google search bar. http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/toolbar/FT3/intl/en/

Once you have these tools then life is so much easier.

Next tip when you first load firefox right click the menu bar at the top and select customise. Then click and drag the common buttons to the tool bar buttons like "new tab", " home", "print", "bookmarks" etc.....

Oh and last thing click "tools", "options" and in downloads section set the save file location to somewhere you want. Not as defaulted "desktop" otherwise your desktop will quickly get full of every PDF file you look at.

Happy surfing again with Firefox

Regards All

I have both IE and FF. Used to have Mozilla (sp?) too.

I reckon that someone has downloaded the MSN toolbar on yours OP or MSN has planted it on there, as it did to mine.

I just went to Google and clicked the box for "Make Google your Homepage", but I was unable to do this until I went into Control Panel -> Add/Remove and uninstalled the MSN Carp.