First day at college

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky

Reaction score
Hello.

Just completed my first day at college.

Worksop in the morning, classroom in the afternoon.

Saw a few tools I'd never seen before (M.I Stripper, potter etc) and the lecturer showed me a new way of stripping cable with a bradall :eek: :O:O

Classroom consisted of differnet types of cable then after that health and safety.

Health and safety is a very boring subject and thats all I have to say about it.

All in all I enjoyed the day.

Time to sink a few cold ones now. Guiness Drink Guiness Drink Guiness Drink Guiness Drink Guiness Drink Guiness Drink Guiness Drink Guiness Drink

Eight should be enough :^OApplaud Smiley:^O

Tricky

Guiness Drink one more for the road ;)

I started back Tonight on my level 3 (C&G 2330).

Health & safety may well be boring, but it is an integral part of the course.

I know that it is getting more & more rediculous is some areas, but it is what it is & we all have to do to be aware of our obligations if we want to work in this trade.

This part of the course will stay with you (hopefully) forever & may well one day save yours or someone elses life.

Stick with it & pay attention.

Oh & good luck in passing mate. :)

Hi

I to have just done my first night at my local college looking very much forward to the next two years, i hope you all do very well may i wish you all good luck.

Cheers

Doc

I always work on the following premise:

Health and Safety may be expensive but not as much as the cost of an accident.

Health & safety may well be boring, but it is an integral part of the course.I know that it is getting more & more rediculous is some areas, but it is what it is & we all have to do to be aware of our obligations if we want to work in this trade.

This part of the course will stay with you (hopefully) forever & may well one day save yours or someone elses life.

Stick with it & pay attention.

Oh & good luck in passing mate. :)
Thanks for the encouragement.

I realise H&S is an integeral part of the course, I'm just happy it should be mostly over in the first few weeks of the course (We take an exam on week 4 or 6)

I'm looking forward to soaking up all the knowledge and then putting it into practice at work.

Best of luck to all who have just started schooling for their qualifications. I hope you all enjoy the course as much as I think I'm going to and I hope you all do well.

Tricky.

Guiness Drink I'll drink to that :D

I realise H&S is an integeral part of the course, I'm just happy it should be mostly over in the first few weeks of the course (We take an exam on week 4 or 6)
I agree on the H&S being a bit boring but found it gave me a few easy marks later on in the course;)

Especially when some questions made you Pray

Good Luck and it's all worth it in the end