First Day at college

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emf

Reaction score
Well completed my first day yesterday at college. Allthough it was basic stuff I really enjoyed it. Quite supprised at the age of some of the guys. I thought I would be the oldest. Turns out I'm one of the youngest.Had to laugh though at one chap, he was saying been in the building trade 20 years etc etc I know all the basics but when did a test for the lecturer so he could see what we knew he only got 8 out of 30. He shut up afer that. :) :)

Do people not learn...

First day anywhere......keep your mouth shut unless you have something useful/constructive to say

ive been known not to say anything for 2 days:D

Do people not learn...First day anywhere......keep your mouth shut unless you have something useful/constructive to say

ive been known not to say anything for 2 days:D
{I would like to comment....... but I am keeping my mouth shut till Tuesday! :| :| :| :|}

sorry lads,

I'm 48 now and working in IT every single day I spend approx 1 hour learning something new. Trying to keep up with the ver changing world.

I actually work 8 hours a day.

At 48 years old I spend the other 7 hours trying to remember what I should have learnt but can't remember now.

Anyone out their remember when we had a technical library that came on the blue micro fishes.

RS components was in one single book, and if you found the component you were tasked to buy, then promotion exam was passed.

These days its "google it".

As the saying goes....

"Google is a dull man's friend".

:)

sorry lads,I'm 48 now and working in IT every single day I spend approx 1 hour learning something new. Trying to keep up with the ver changing world.

I actually work 8 hours a day.

At 48 years old I spend the other 7 hours trying to remember what I should have learnt but can't remember now.

Anyone out their remember when we had a technical library that came on the blue micro fishes.

RS components was in one single book, and if you found the component you were tasked to buy, then promotion exam was passed.

These days its "google it".
I remember RADIO SHACK,

and when it was legal to whip your apprentice with a bit of 1.5 flex!!! ]:) ] :)

Well completed my first day yesterday at college. Allthough it was basic stuff I really enjoyed it. Quite supprised at the age of some of the guys. I thought I would be the oldest. Turns out I'm one of the youngest.Had to laugh though at one chap, he was saying been in the building trade 20 years etc etc I know all the basics but when did a test for the lecturer so he could see what we knew he only got 8 out of 30. He shut up afer that. :) :)
Glad you enjoyed your first day, always a good sign of things to come.

The Godfather

Correct there Mr Apache....Applaud Smileynow own up...

is that something you knew..

or did that lap-dog of yours type this post for you??? ; \ :)
There was a branch in town when I was a lad. Went through a brief stage of making basic circuits etc. You know a burgler alarm and a crappy radio that didn't recive anything but static. :D

I Have just started level 3 C&G 2330 this sept and I remember my first day very well . our tutor an experienced time served electrician had a saying from the start . 'A little knowledge is a dangerous thing' , very true considering what I thought I knew then to what I know now . I also know that I will be learning new things forever in this trade I hope all the people starting their college courses will enjoy it like I do .

Talking about the 2330 Level 2. I would love it - if someone would be kind enough as to email me some mock questions on the 205 & 207, if possible, Please?

I would then add them to the "Student & Learner section".

Thanks. :x