Ford Transit Connect

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essex1

No Longer Here
Reaction score
So had injector 4 replaced about 6 months ago as it was playing up. Same fault code occured 3 weeks ago. Multiple RAC visits and in the end had to take it to Fords. 

Fords told me they had to plug it into their diagnostics machine at a cost of £95 because the 3 I had done by the RAC were not good enough apparently.  Yep, they had the same fault code. Injector 4. Theybsaid that it needed to be reprogrammed. Total cost £250. Ok crack on. 

One day the van lasted and the same problem again. Took it back to fords who had it for 2 weeks. Reset all the fault codes and said all was good and that theybtest drove it everyday for a week. 

Lasted one morning. Same problem. They have now had the van for another two days and just told me all 4 injectors need replacing as it is a know fault that injectors with a certain part number are a dodgy batch!!!!! 

"Ok great. When can you do it?"  "We need to quote you first."  "Why? Younsaid it was a dodgy batch!"  "Yeah but they are out of warrenty."  

So I am expecting a £1500 quote to arrive shortly to replace the injectors that were always faulty anyway. Already paid £250 to 'fix' the problem once and had no van for about 3 weeks. 

why take it to ford if it's out of warranty? all they are going to is take the piss out of you

had this with my previous car... PS fault went back to the dealer umpteen times they couldn't find the fault yada yada yada we've tested everything yada yada needs new PS pump at a cost of 1k+. Did a bit of digging about  found its a common fault with an earth on the pump. So told em to stick it  and fixed it myself for a few quid.

Never trust a dealer they are time wasting parasites.

ohh and the RAC / AA are a waste of time to unless your stranded in the middle of nowhere with a flat tyre and a can of expandy foam.

I use my local garage @£45/ hr rather than the dealer rate of £120 / hr no different really. 

search ebay for bluetooth obd2 port and you can search for faults yourself with an app It will cost you about £20.

The RAC bloke said only Fords coukd reprogram the injectors. 

I dunno. Not my thing at all. These are staff vans so would not be appropriate for me to attempt to fix. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Trading Standards Essex.

Also i would email Ford direct about this.

[email protected]

Give them the full story that you have to date.

I would be refusing to pay, because Ford supplied faulty parts which regardless of warranty were not fit for sale.

You will need to get that in writing from the dealer, good luck with that mind.

They are just trying to rip you off, if I knew anyone in the local Ford dealer I would ask about anything in the "recall book" for that vehicle.

You can get a local garage to do this, and it may even be possible for them to programme the injectors too.

Ford have to make their software & programming devices available for anyone to buy under the block exemption scheme.

Whether any of your local garages have invested is another thing.

Trading Standards Essex.

Also i would email Ford direct about this.

[email protected]

Give them the full story that you have to date.

I would be refusing to pay, because Ford supplied faulty parts which regardless of warranty were not fit for sale.

You will need to get that in writing from the dealer, good luck with that mind.

They are just trying to rip you off, if I knew anyone in the local Ford dealer I would ask about anything in the "recall book" for that vehicle.

You can get a local garage to do this, and it may even be possible for them to programme the injectors too.

Ford have to make their software & programming devices available for anyone to buy under the block exemption scheme.

Whether any of your local garages have invested is another thing.

Fantastic advice. Thanks. 

guess it all depends on the manufacturer...few month ago i got a letter about my car - the engine is known to have faulty injector / seals and there was a recall. basically they are offering a free check and replacement at any dealer. the car is T reg...

The wife's Zafira is on the callback list,

She got a letter a while back telling her something like 25000 cars are being recalled, but they only had buts for 3000 of them and would contact her when they had bits for hers, and not to use the heater in the meantime, WTF,!!! :|

guess it all depends on the manufacturer...few month ago i got a letter about my car - the engine is known to have faulty injector / seals and there was a recall. basically they are offering a free check and replacement at any dealer. the car is T reg...
what make? would be nice if there were any good car manufacturers out there.

...currently suffering from a lot of common and well known faults from the VAG group who deny all knowledge even though it's plastered all over the Internet

On a slightly different note I heard that Audi have renamed the latest model of the TT to being the TNCS. Apparently under the current electrical regulations they won't be able to export them into the UK.:)