Forum "Bickering"...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
... Right. I will only repeat this the once for the benefit of our new members. (Old members already know the score).

I have built this forum up from nothing and it has taken a lot of time, effort and MY money to do so.

whilst I do agree to some "Healthy Argument", I won't accept any sh1te! That can be saved for other forums.

I respect all members, even more so the ones that was here from the begining and helped me to build this forum to what it is now. (Just like you guys did on the "Dark side forum".

We all welcome you to the forum and it's good to have you all onboard. but leave the bickering (BOTH SIDES) to other forums.

If people come on and see that carp - they will not join. So far, every member that has joined has either typed in a post or personally PM'd me to say what a good place this forum is. Friendly etc.

Please don't spoil that Gentlemen, I have worked too hard on this place and will not stand by and let it continue.

That applies to ALL members.

Thank you.

... Right. I will only repeat this the once for the benefit of our new members. (Old members already know the score).I have built this forum up from nothing and it has taken a lot of time, effort and MY money to do so.

whilst I do agree to some "Healthy Argument", I won't accept any sh1te! That can be saved for other forums.

I respect all members, even more so the ones that was here from the begining and helped me to build this forum to what it is now. (Just like you guys did on the "Dark side forum".

We all welcome you to the forum and it's good to have you all onboard. but leave the bickering (BOTH SIDES) to other forums.

If people come on and see that carp - they will not join. So far, every member that has joined has either typed in a post or personally PM'd me to say what a good place this forum is. Friendly etc.

Please don't spoil that Gentlemen, I have worked too hard on this place and will not stand by and let it continue.

That applies to ALL members.

Thank you.
Just to backup what admin is saying, i myself havent seen that much bad behavour BUT i have noticed previously a slight swearing rise which i hope has now ceased, but on the whole i have to say it seems one of the most relaxed and friendly forums going. Admin and admin 2 have worked wonders doing this setup, and i give them my greatest respect for that work they have achieved. please ladies, and gents (and specs :^O ) dont spoil all this work they have done to the forum. As it will only cause admin to get annoyed (and we certainly dont want that happening do we ) :( :_|Blushing)

FS

The administration and moderation team will do their utmost to ensure that "the friendly forum" stays as just that

FRIENDLY

I am sure I can say that no one wants this forum to lose that which makes it special.

mr. smith

Yes this is a great forum and you all do a great job of running it.It would be a shame if it were ruined .

Yes this is a great forum and you all do a great job of running it.It would be a shame if it were ruined .
Sparkyrj,

This forum will never be ruined, we will make sure of that.

Admin has worked hard setting this place up and getting it to this standard.

This place will only continue to go up, and with the help of all our members that is the way we are going.

Due to the rise in new members and some of there posts and content, I have visited this site less than I did previously, this site for me has been a great help with people sharing knowledge and ideas with no apparent judgment of ability, as SL posted its only the dumb who donnt ask, I know will be watching what questions I post due to the attitude of some members ( defeats the object really ) and the answers they may post. Sorry if this offends any one its not meant to but thats the way its going.

Thanks Admin and the rest.

regards NWDS:

Im sure if we all put our heads together and worked out our differences, together we can and will make this forum bigger and better.

I would hope that could be the case, Mrs. Admin..........

It is sad, though, if members are feeling like, maybe they shouldn`t post a question. Tends to defeat the whole object of the exercise, as far as I am concerned, anyway.

Hopefully, people will realise that this "unrest" is not good for the questioning many, who come here for help, then get scared away! :( :(

I miss the happy emanations which used to emit from this forum. Maybe we can ALL try to regain that Eden.

KME

I too agree that this forum is great and can be very informative. I was a member of the "Dark Side" forum and was offended by some of the narrow minded attitudes and opinions over there so nervously at first came over where so far the grass is greener.

I think what people need to develop or maintain is respect!

If we repect others we can only hope that others will respect us. It doesn,t matter if the person posting or replying has less knowledge or experience they deserve the same respect at you would respect for yourself.

I fear that this was not the case on the afore mentioned forum!

We learn from mistakes so lets learn from that mistake and make this the destination of honest sparks and learners!

Guiness Drink ;) Guiness Drink ;)

mae forum wych, diolch a croeso pawb!

Due to the rise in new members and some of there posts and content, I have visited this site less than I did previously, this site for me has been a great help with people sharing knowledge and ideas with no apparent judgment of ability, as SL posted its only the dumb who donnt ask, I know will be watching what questions I post due to the attitude of some members ( defeats the object really ) and the answers they may post. Sorry if this offends any one its not meant to but thats the way its going.Thanks Admin and the rest.

regards NWDS:
I certainly hope Not, Mate! One of the main reasons I started this forum is that I was sick and tired of the bickering on other forums, and people getting shot down in flames. Whether experienced or not. I have not let it happen and I certainly will not let it happen now! Those who do it will be warned (infractions), suspended or even banned, if need be.

As I have said - That Carp can be keep for other forums!!!

I too agree that this forum is great and can be very informative. I was a member of the "Dark Side" forum and was offended by some of the narrow minded attitudes and opinions over there so nervously at first came over where so far the grass is greener.I think what people need to develop or maintain is respect!

If we repect others we can only hope that others will respect us. It doesn,t matter if the person posting or replying has less knowledge or experience they deserve the same respect at you would respect for yourself.

I fear that this was not the case on the afore mentioned forum!

We learn from mistakes so lets learn from that mistake and make this the destination of honest sparks and learners!

Guiness Drink ;) Guiness Drink ;)

mae forum wych, diolch a croeso pawb!
Again, That Carp can stay over there, and other forums too. This is a great forum and it is going to STAY THAT WAY!!!

Have NO FEAR - ask any questions that you like guys. If anyone "Extracts the urine" I will not stand by and let iot happen! (See reply to quote above).

Have read this thread and noted the content. A lot of hard work has obviously gone into the creation of this forum and I am sure that we (from "The Darkside") are grateful to be here.

Diolch yn fawr Admin

So, shouldn't this forum have the "rating" measured on members enabled or encouraged.

There is no way that a forum can stop the infraction of these mindless morons its their

life, they spend their sad existence expressing their mindless comments and destructive opinions on a forum usually due to their frustration in the real world where they get told to shut up!

At least with some sort of encouraged or enabled members ratings then the trash can be easily identified from the valued members.

I note all the members have a classified rating of "0"

What does that mean?

Regards all

I note all the members have a classified rating of "0"What does that mean?

Regards all
That is their auction "Feedback Score", CallT.

Funny how you should mention the "Rating". I was thinking of adding that.

I miss the happy emanations which used to emit from this forum. Maybe we can ALL try to regain that Eden.

KME
Since when did anything change, or have I missed something?

; \

I look forward to the future.

I am sure if posts were measured and thus had consequences then frivolity and c**p as some would say would not be so common.

I love the forum, I am not even an electrician!

I did do my 16th back in 1997 does that still count?

I look forward to the future.I am sure if posts were measured and thus had consequences then frivolity and c**p as some would say would not be so common.

I love the forum, I am not even an electrician!

I did do my 16th back in 1997 does that still count?
YES! - not that anyone is concerned.

Look at Apache ( no offence or embarrasment intended) - He` s a VET, not a spark. Yet he`ll happily chuck in what he thinks is correct; and usually he is spot on the money.

I have no issue with frivolity mate. Given the mentally challenging nature of the job (sometimes, when it doesn`t bore you to tears), and the responsibility borne as a result, a bit of light hearted banter can help to reduce the chance of ulcers or strokes. (Medically proven by Mrs. KME!!!!)

Maybe I`m wrong, I don`t know everything.