FREE Megger Lite On-site (1000-632) software package for use with a Megger Mft1553

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its actual serial number was 104, but many myths suggested that it was 60604, which was seen to spell " no pope" . In fact even the actual serial number was a dig at the Catholics. After chief designer Sir Carson Craig said:

I actually had no idea any ship would have a serial number. When I read the article in the Irish Times I was amazed, not only that the Titanic had a serial number, but the ship was designed so that the Catholics could be segregated into lower class accommodation.

I actually had no idea any ship would have a serial number. When I read the article in the Irish Times I was amazed, not only that the Titanic had a serial number, but the ship was designed so that the Catholics could be segregated into lower class accommodation.
well the Irish Times is slightly biased,

but,

isnt every paper,

as long as it is read in context its fine,

religions were segregated, but not on the basic lines that article would have you believe.

#

I have no other reference from where the number 104 came from except from catholic sources,

but the number 390904 seems to be very prevalent amongst various sources, including english (catholic biased) ones,

and on that base along with the urban tale of the catholic strike,(which is when H&W became known as a Protestant workplace as the catholics refused to work there, not that they were put out!),

it would seem to make more sense.

I could be wrong though,

ask Aggie, I usually am. :|