Free PDF maker

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do any of you chaps know of any free software that will let me create PDF files?

It has to be free :)

I'm reluctant to search and download after I recked a computer once downloading shareware :|

Hi

I am sure Theorysparky's PDF works fine.

The defacto (sort of) industry freebee is this one: -

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

The other standard is Adobe PDF printer but there are areas where Adobe doesn't exactly work where Cute PDF does.

CutePDF installs a new printer that when you chose to print to it, stores the printout in a file that is PDF.

So simple anyone can use it.

Barrings steptoes horse but he's only limited by the keyboard.

HiI am sure Theorysparky's PDF works fine.

The other standard is Adobe PDF printer but there are areas where Adobe doesn't exactly work where Cute PDF does.

CutePDF installs a new printer that when you chose to print to it, stores the printout in a file that is PDF.So simple anyone can use it.

primo does the same

never had a problem with it

choice of two !!!! you guys are spoilt !!!!

HiI am sure Theorysparky's PDF works fine.

CutePDF installs a new printer that when you chose to print to it, stores the printout in a file that is PDF.

So simple anyone can use it.

"scoob for you, too then m8; else you`ll be feeling left out........":)

If you use OpenOffice (free rival to MS Office - and just as good) you can export files as a PDF - as well as importing any MS files. It comes as a freebie with Ubuntu operating system - but there are windows versions. Thoroughly recommend Ubuntu if you use a computer as a tool rather than a gaming machine - and particularly good on older - slower machines.

That is the one that I have used in the past, Calltronics. ;)

If you ever need free software, go to google and type in (E.G) web design then freeware, alot of progams you can get freeware versions like open office (rip off of microsofts office). Some of them are really good and well worth a look, you never know might save a few quid as well.

If you ever need free software, go to google and type in (E.G) web design then freeware, alot of progams you can get freeware versions like open office (rip off of microsofts office). Some of them are really good and well worth a look, you never know might save a few quid as well.
I'm always a little unsure with freeware. How can you be sure you're not getting some spyware bolted on?

That's why I asked you guys (and girls ;) rather than google-ing

:)

You can try Open Office, you can use its word processor to layout your pages and save directly as a pdf file. If you already have your files as word docs then Calltronic's cutepdf is a good alternative.